Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default You will be pleased to know.....

that I totally ruined my "ladies night" shopping experience at a store here in town (yes, my BEST customer saw me show my hiney...)

FOR THE LOVE OF DOG.

Of course everyone here in our little burg knows how nuts I am about Duchie, and that I LOVE doxies, etc. So a well-meaning, really nice lady came up to tell me how a "girl" (her words not mine) here in town has doxie puppies for sale, just in time for Christmas presents - ready to go as they are 8 weeks old.

I calmly replied that, One, Duchie is an "only dog" and I think she would HATE a puppy, and Two, when I get another dog yes, it will be a doxie, but NO it will not come from a breeder. She will be a rescue, for there are so many dogs being KILLED EVERY DAY in shelters because ignorant and greedy people continue to breed puppies, and there are not enough homes for them all. Period.

Then (grrr) she persisted and said to me. To. My. Face. "Well, they sure are cute, and she's doing it to make extra money for Christmas. She is a single mom and lives with her dad and really needs the money. "

:mad2::mad4: and insert all the other mad smileys here, please.

So the butt showing began and I know my voice got louder and louder and people were staring and I did not care. Included such tidbits as "if she is bringing innocent puppies into the world to die, perhaps she should get a real job instead," "wow- I am sure the mother and puppies have had exceptional vet care and will be super-healthy since she is broke" and "you can't fix STUPID!"

Then I bought my special order doggie food at 25% off (hey, it was everything in the store!) and huffed out.

This same lady (who I am sure meant well, trying to hook up doxie puppies with a good home and help this "poor girl" out too... wanted to know how much I charge to sponsor the local shelter Pet of the Week ads I have been running. I've been looking for a sponsor (been running them for free, trying to do what I can to help the shelter) and I was so livid that I could not even quote her a price. When I can't do business, you KNOW I am rattled. Bad.

*budding rescue nazi*

sorry, had to vent. makes me nauseous.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

That's our Rae of...ummm. sunshine? Well, from a rescue point of view!!! You go girl!!!! HRH would be bery bery proud of her mom I know WE all are!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Paula, it's all your fault. Well, not really FAULT... I have been feeling incredibly guilty for quite some time, being in the presence of so many tireless and incredible rescue angels, because I don't foster, or have a herd, or bust my butt for this noble and wonderful cause.

I feel totally inferior. Yes, I saved ONE, and to the world she's one of millions but to me she is the world, but ..... just ONE. So many of you guys save and help a bajillion doggies... and I feel "less" and guilty and tend to beat myself up about it on a regular basis.

Then you put this in your siggy line

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

So I did what I could.

Which is still not enough. But it's something.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

There's a lot of water in the ocean, but it's still made up of a gajillion tiny droplets, grasshopper :D

I put that in my siggy line cuz I was (and still am) feeling incredibly guilty about not doing enough for rescue since I started this full-time employment thing, and seeing how much Tonya and Yo and Shonda and Andrea and everyone else does while working full time. And then I realized that even making a difference in the life of one dog is still making a difference!! (i.e. the Js and Wendal). That's 3 less to worry about. Not a lot, but a lot in their little lives (and a blessing in mine).I had to come to terms that you can only do what you can do, and in my experience, you're sent stuff when you need to be sent it.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

Thanks

As a resident rescue nazi, I welcome you to the dark side LOL!

Seriously- good for you. That's awesome that you stood up to her like that. I'm proud of you!

Thanks

Huge to what you both have said....I feel the same shortcomings every day.... Good job Rae - YES, we do have to do what we can...
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

, and, by the way, you were very polite. You do NOT want to know what I would have said/done...
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

for rescue nazis

Welcome to the dark side :spy:where the men are men, the women are rescue nazis and all the dogs are cuties :hearts::hearts:

You go, girl!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Bery proud

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Well done I think I may have thrown a little bit about how well it's worked out for her to breed and get free money from the government doesn't make it OK for her to profit off knocking up her dog.
    The more we make excuses for back yard breeders, the more dogs end up in rescue or euthanized because we're too full.
    You didn't show your ass. You showed your heart.