Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Sandra Bullock and Jesse James are also big rescuers...and they have a passion for the animals who have one eye, three legs, etc. :hearts::hearts:

I read that Paris Hilton's newest pet obsession are pocket pigs. I wish she would just spontaneously combust or something
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Another counrty artist rescuer is Miranda Lambert she has at least 8 dogs, goats, pigs, donkeys and runs a rescue herself.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by areese View Post
    Pat goes in spurts with different dogs. I don't think she is attached to many of them. Some, like Nou Nou remain the "golden child" but others...she'll get a dog...go to great expense and trouble to have one shipped or brought from Europe even. Then it's all about that dog until something happens and she doesn't like it anymore and it is either sold or out in the yard with the pack.
    She had a baby groendaal (the black belgian shepherd), Choisie, that she just "adored". Then the dog breaks her leg in her yard, heals with a lump, so she's not conformation material anymore plus had white on her which they shouldn't have so not breeding stock either so next thing I know she's gone. I know it's better for Choisie but I don't understand how a person can do that. She has some young dogs now that she adores but I'm just waiting for one to be not smart enough or turn out not pretty enough and then they will be gone too. Them being a rare breed makes it a bit different..her dogs would never end up in rescue or a shelter but it's just such a different way of thinking about dogs and I don't like it or understand it. She WILL take back any dog she has sold and she keeps all the old ones or ones with problems but she also continually gets new ones to replace ones she has placed. I think she has around 30 now...not sure. When I was taking care of them there were 34.
    My inlaws were pretty much like that. As long as the dog was making them look good by winning and being a good dog, life was good. As soon as they weren't time for a new dog. I don't know how anyone could do that either.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

My neighbor when I lived in the apartment had a long haired chihuahua (first one I had ever seen). He was totally committed to her. He was not overly friendly with other people, he didn't bark, growl, etc. he would just ignore you and totally focus on her. He was a great companion for her since she was disabled and was at all home all day.

I agree, I have seen alot of small dogs that have been spoiled, and never disciplined because the owners think it's cute. It's not cute! It certainly wouldn't be "cute" if the dog were 100lbs.

IMO people need to train their dogs to be "good citizens" no matter what their size.

Thanks

Paul said he's not getting any more dogs, then with the same breath said, "Although, I heard there's a chihuahua crisis and I would still love one someday..." Too weird that he heard about this (he lives in a bubble) and wants to help.

Buying a dog because it's "in" and then getting rid of it? I hate stupid people. I think that sums it up.
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
    Another counrty artist rescuer is Miranda Lambert she has at least 8 dogs, goats, pigs, donkeys and runs a rescue herself.
    That surprises me cause she always seems to be in such a bad mood all the time. I mean animals are supposed to make people happy and she doens't seem like she's happy. Just sayin' ...

We have had a lot of Chi's at the shelter too. Although they place pretty fast with multi appilacations on them.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Emmylou Harris has her own dog rescue too...Rob Thomas(Matchbox 20) and his wife also have done a lot of work with rescue groups. Be nice if we heard more about the ones who are doing positive things and not the airhead bimbo T&A girls of the month.
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks

Chihuahua's are the #1 dogs in shelters now, above the Pitties. Everyday there's more ads on CL for Chi's & Pit puppies.

We found Joey 2 years ago this month. He's a fabulous little guy and loves everybody.

http://cbs5.com/pets/Chihuahuas.cali...2.1359513.html
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rileybugg View Post
    Be nice if we heard more about the ones who are doing positive things and not the airhead bimbo T&A girls of the month.
    Isn't that the truth? Maybe if the media spent more time reporting on these people all the little airheads in training would have more positive role models and grow up to be useful people.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue