Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default How To Win Dachshund Adoration

It isn't hard without food, but if you haven't tried this yet, your dogs are missing out!
    It's cheap and easy, all you need to do is buy chicken gizzards and hearts (ewww, gross I know). I get them for a buck fifty. Put them in the crock pot with some water (small crock pot for one pack) and cook overnight. Since I have eleventy billion dogs, I will take the broth and mix it with your dog's food as it makes a gravy type substance with it. The organs are the icing to the proverbial cake. My pack loses their minds for this, and fussy eaters will lick the bowls and then go around licking other bowls clean, hoping that someone didn't get it all.
    Cheap treat, BIG rewards.

Thanks

I use those lots for treats...I just boil them and then cut them up into small pieces..they are a good texture/firmness for little treats for agility and the dogs love them. But I don't cook them all that much...do they get really soft in the crockpot?? Cuz I almost always let the pot boil over on the stove making a yucky gizzard mess so perhaps a crockpot would be better! Thanks
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

They seem firm. I've cut them with scissors to make them go further.

Thanks

I won't go into the ewww stuff 'cause I already know you don't like it, but we eat that stuff in Brasil, and it is delish... I also give it to my furkids, but just once in a while. They are way too rich for them.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Thanks Andrea!
    I need treats for Laika's first Rally class tomorrow night so I'll get the crockpot out and try it. I have gizzards in the freezer

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vferraro99 View Post
    I won't go into the ewww stuff 'cause I already know you don't like it, but we eat that stuff in Brasil, and it is delish... I also give it to my furkids, but just once in a while. They are way too rich for them.
    Every time I had those at class our instructor, Gary, would say are those gizzards and wanted to eat them. and he's not even from Brazil.

and Segue

Thanks

My Dad eats them

Thanks

My dogs eat those (raw, of course) for dinner add-ins frequently and LOVE them!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

That was my mom's favourite part of the chicken! (And the hearts too....*ick* ).
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Thumbs up how to win doxie adoration.......

You're absolutely right! I've been cooking those up for my pups for awhile & although Bob & Skippy both adore them, for some reason they give Skippy the runs. Had to stop giving them to him. Bob Barker on the other hand has no problem with them & is beside himself & hopping all around the stove in anticipation, as they cook!

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out & your dog would go in." - Mark Twain