Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default COOPER has been found!!!!!

We are still in shock and so unbelieveably happy!! Our boy has been found!! He is safe, unhurt and in remarkeable condition considering what he's been through. Here's what happened:

The 'pet detective' and my brother started their search this morning by posting 22x28 flourescent posters of Cooper that stated there was a $500 reward. They then started searching for Coopie with the coonhounds. They kept picking up his scent and following... During this time we kept getting calls of support from people who were seeing the posters and the hounds. We got a call from a lady who said she saw Coop on Denlinger Road about a week ago (close to my mother's home) and when they turned around in the car to go to get him he had disappeared! The hounds had picked up his scent in the same area! Then a couple of hours later we got a call from this gentleman who said his friends saw the poster and called him to tell him that they thought he had our dog. He described the dachsie to us and said he found him where??? On Denlinger Road about a week ago! We were going crazy by this time. Everything he said about the dog he had was Coopie all the way, right down to a funny toenail he has! We called my brother and the pet detective and they arranged to meet the guy at a vet's office. Well they did, the vet was closed but my brother said he was sure the dog was Cooper. They sent us a picture and we were sure as well. They all decided to go to an Emergency Vet to get him scanned and we got the call 20 minutes later that it was 100% for sure Cooper. The vet said he looked great. Only a small spot on his nose was rubbed raw (probably from the cold). The guy had taken very good care of Cooper and he was sad to see him go but knew he had to do the right thing. He got the reward and my brother has Cooper in his care now. Cooper had been out in the winter weather for over two weeks before being rescued by this wonderful man. We are forever in his debt... The picture is Cooper at my brother's house. He's a little scared but otherwise okay. Dana will be leaving about 4am to meet my brother and get Cooper. Somewhere in Illinois I believe. This has been such a roller coaster ride and it's worked out - our baby boy is coming home!! I've been crying for the last three hours, this is such a miracle! Thank you all so much and I'll keep posting with updates. Thank you for everything!!!

Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)

Thanks

OMG OMG OMG - I am jumping up and down and crying - I am SOOOOO happy for you - WOW OH WOW OH WOW......
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

OMG, I'm so happy I'm crying. I was so afraid that you'd never see him again. I just can't believe how wonderful this is. I know that for you it's 100 times as good.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

OMG Kelli this is a tear jerker..What a wonderful man to do this....He deserves hugs from all of us. I was almost afraid of opening this post...THANK YOU GOD--I have prayed for him all day and called some of my friends to do this also.. all day long... and put him on several prayer chains..
    I am in tears and so happy for him.
    If you visit your family again buy an X-pen and keep them both in there...I am sooo happy for you..
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

I'm crying here too. It is so awesome that he was taken in and cared for and now he's soon to be on his way home to you.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Oh I'm in tears I am so HAPPY for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just a little excited here! Bless that that found him and took care of him. What a wonderful man.

:cheer4: :cheer4: :cheer4:

Thanks

That is so fantastic!!! YAY!!!! What a wonderful, happy ending!!! I can't wait till he is back home with you guys!!!!

Thanks

OMG Kelli I burst into tears reading this update. I am thrilled to hear your little man Cooper has been found.

:wow: What an awesome day for you, your family and most of all Coopie! :fireworks:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Jen Guest

Oh Kelli that is wonderful news! I am coming to this late, but I was shocked to hear your boy was missing, and so relived to hear he is safe.

Thanks

Awesome news!!!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.