Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skinny Sophia

Thanks

Here are some weight-gain rayz for the pretty girl.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

You'll have her as bosomy as Sophie Tucker in no time!

Thanks

Sweet girl. :hearts:
    Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)

Thanks

The poor girl had a bit of a scare today. When I was feeding them breakfast, Sophia ended up sitting out and not going to a kennel. I decided to give her the meal in Dexter's crate and close it.
    Well, Dexter was all growling at her and intimidating her so she couldn't enjoy her meal so I opened it up and grabbed the food.
    I should've grabbed her.
    Dexter usually just pins a dog that's torqued him off. Not this time. He managed to nip just a little tiny bit, but he caught a vein or artery or something and the blood was gushing. I held my hand over it much to her dismay and got a towel, then she settled on my shoulder and soaked my shirt. I sat with the towel on her neck and applying pressure for a good while, and then cleaned it up with the antibiotic swabs I have and a liquid bandage. She ate her grilled chicken (She really didn't want the yogurt dog food) and I kept her with me all day. She's now happily sleeping over at Mary's digs, but Mary won't let her snuggle, so she's got her own bed and blankie. She ate her supper (more grilled chicken) and seems fine.

As for Dexter, even though the scene looked like a homicide, I AM NOT TAKING HIM BACK TO WHERE HE CAME FROM like some stripper would. It was an accident, and Dexter had no way of knowing her skin is so thin. All is well that ends well.

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Poor little Sophia, she must have been scared silly. I don't imagine it did much for you, either. The one time Taffy and Daisy got into it and blood was shed was pretty scary for me. Glad Sophia is chilling off by herself (with Mary). for everyone involved.

Thanks

I was fine, but my mind was racing on how I was going to drive to the vet's 30 miles away with my hand wrapped around her throat and not harm her, thought about calling Dr. Moore, and then just sat with her once I realized the bleeding had let up. My shirt was gory. Wondered if anyone was peeking in at the ER action going on.

Thanks

:wow: Missed the whole drama....but sure glad Miss Sophia is ok....how scary. And it happens.....I still shudder at the first hour that Toby was here after we got home and Brandy startled him and he pinned her and punctured her neck....scary as shiat.....
    for Miss Sophia, Little Mary who now has to share, Dex who didn't want to share his crate, and the mommy that makes it look easy......
    Better keep that phone handy Valentine's week end :please:
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

You'll do fine. Suppertime and breakfast will be your toughest times, and that's just for pandemonium's sake.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom View Post
    You'll do fine. Suppertime and breakfast will be your toughest times, and that's just for pandemonium's sake.

I am skairt I am going to lose someone..... I will keep track of how many times I take a head count
    (please make sure your scrolling siggie has EVERYONE that is there :D)
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

I had a Maltese that got nicked on the ear, and the little hemopheliac bled like there was no tomorrow. We couldn't get it stopped, and he had to go to the emergency vet. He was not amused by the bandages and the cone. I spent a lot of time with him on my lap until his stitches came out. They said that anytime on of my pets started bleeding like that again to pack it with flour or cornstarch.

Fortunately - no one ever did again, but I have a jar of stepic powder (is that the right name) handy, too. Scary stuff when they get hurt, but I would trust you with any injury more than anyone I know (cept maybe Dr. Charlie). I am sure some kisses would make her heal faster :hearts::hearts: