Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Snookie the Dachshund's Broken Leg (NO LA)

See Below and pass the work about this dog needing help. This is all the information I have.

Snookie, a 12 week old doxie was dropped by a child and needs surgery to repair a broken leg. He only has a window of 2-3 days to do the surgery before he will have to have an amputation. He was rescued by NOLA dachshund rescue in New Orleans and they are a very small rescue that rescues a LOT Of dogs.

Subject: Snookie's Broken Leg

Hello everyone,

Most of you know that I'm neck deep in Dachshund Rescue. Our group is NOLA Dachshund Rescue and we save about 60 dogs a year from certain death at high kill shelters. Doesn't sound like many considering that 4 million dogs are euthanized at shelters in the US every year, but when they are at your house .....well, it's a lot. Most of the time the adoption fees cover the vet bills but we've got special case.

A 12 week old long hair, Chocolate Dachshund pup was dropped by a little kid resulting in a broken leg. The owner brought him to the vet and when they learned that his leg simply couldn't be placed in a cast and required surgery to the tune of about $1800.00 bucks, they decided to euthanize him. Well, our vet, who they happen to bring him to, called us and asked if we could help by taking him in to rescue, getting the surgery and adopting him out. Being the suckers for a puppy that most of us are, we agreed.

The puppy had not been given any shots and was a little under weight. We've got that part under control. But the leg thing...ouch! So, Debbie and I are writing to ask for some help with surgery costs. We only have a window of about 2 to 3 days to get the surgery done. Otherwise, his leg may have to be amputated. We are coming to you with our doggie hat in our hand and asking for donations. Even if it's only a dollar or two, it adds up and is greatly appreciated! There are two ways you can donate.

1) Paypal

Go to Paypal.com, log on to your account, click on "Send Money", enter my e-mail address (Funchesgirls@hotmail.com), the amount and then click on the "Personal" tab below the amount. You will note that it is a "gift" or "other", then click "Continue". On the next page you can enter a note.... "Donation for Snookie".

2) Make a payment directly to Marrero Vet Clinic

You can call them at 504-341-6720 and do a credit card payment over the phone make sure you tell them it's for Snookie.

Or

You can mail a check to them at: Note that it's for Snookie

Marrero Vet Clinic
    4001 Lapalco Blvd.
    Suite #1
    Harvey, LA 70058

Thanks to all of you who support us emotionally and financially! Please forward this to anyone you know who may be able to help!

Phyllis, Debbie & Snookie
    NOLA Dachshund Rescue
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

OMG! And some people still say is BS that Dachshunds and small children don't mix!! Poor little baby, sending tons of for his recovery, although amputation is not such a bad thing (see my Sammy).
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Here are rays for this pup--I'm sure he will get his funds. No matter how small the amount anything will help.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vferraro99 View Post
    OMG! And some people still say is BS that Dachshunds and small children don't mix!! Poor little baby, sending tons of for his recovery, although amputation is not such a bad thing (see my Sammy).
    Mine mix just fine It's the lacking adult supervision that's the problem.

Off to make a donation for this little baby.

Thanks

How awful! The poor baby! We just sent a PayPal donation. You should have it by now. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.
    Candy

Thanks

That's tough. Sending what I can. Also sending recovery !!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Also got a person from the UN in New York City to donate. It was sent to you via PayPal this afternoon. I am so worried about this pup! Where is he now? Is he on pain meds?
    Candy

Thanks

Last I heard he was in the hospital and being cared for. You would need to contact Phyllis at Funchesgirls@hotmail.com to really know.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

I am Sax Lady's sister, Kathie, and a member of Doxie Lovers Club. My sister told me about poor little Snookie and I immediately sent a donation. I had a little poodle who at 7 months broke a leg that required surgery. After the surgery he healed so well and lived to be 12 years old. I pray that we can all work together to help this little pup heal and live a full and happy life.

Kathie:hearts:

Thanks

Can you update us on Snookie? Will he have the surgery or will his leg have to be amputated?