Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Awww, lots of rayz for Mattie!

You have to do what you feel comfortable with. I do feed raw, but I know there are risks. The kibble contamination a while back scared me. Sadly, the only sure thing in life, is your dogs love. :hearts:
    Yup, kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I must admit, I'm not a proponent of the raw diet for my own dogs, especially cuz they're seniors, but I know that there are plenty on this board that do just fine on it. Whatever works for you!

Tons and tons of tummy for Mattie and just as many for a worried mom. Keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Sending lots of feel better for Mattie!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    E. coli from the raw diet is very, very rare. I've fed all sorts of things for a couple of years now with no problems.

I will say though, that the last time I tried to give satin balls - to Milo and to a foster, Joey - BOTH of them ended up with severe tummy issues.
    It is very, very rare. And, as I said, usually only shows up in dogs with compromised immune systems as you commonly find in older dogs.

I can see why satin balls would give them tummy issues. That's a lot of really rich stuff.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue