Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    whtboy Guest

Default What color is he!?!?!

This is my lil guy. Name is Brewen and he is 13 weeks old.

I can't seem to find his color anywhere. Its a gorgeous color. My best description would be a velvet cream.... Both of his parents are red, so its quite interesting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brewen chillen on the bed

Brewen with his parents

whtboy Guest

whtboy Guest

whtboy Guest

Thanks

He looks like a Cream dachshund. Cream is an actual coat color on them. Here's a website with different Cream dachshunds in all the different Cream shades:

http://www.countrygardendoxie.com/color_pics_cream.htm

He's a beautiful puppy!

Thanks

That breeder makes double dapples~ :vomit:

Thanks

Nope, not a cream. He's a red. There are soooo many different shades of red. Very cute little boy. Most of the dogs on that website are also considered red. You can tell it's not a great breeder because they are calling that soft-coated wire a "silky wire". No such animal. Wire haired dachshunds should have short, coarse coats. That's why many are stripped by hand. That particular dog has never been stripped, which is why he has a soft coat.

Also, there is no such thing as an "English Cream." Creams are creams. In a true cream, there can be NO red shading at all in the coat. A BYB will not produce a cream accidentally.

Here is an awesome website by an awesome, top breeder in the US. This website explains all colors and patterns in great detail.

http://www.12many.com/duchwood/colorpat.html

whtboy Guest

Great thanks alot MyRescueCrew,AgileOllie.

Otto's mom.. too funny! hehe.

Yes he is an awesome lil guy. Extremely smart, well behaved and playful! ; )

Thanks

He actually is a red, not a cream. He is a clear red, that means no black hairs in his coat. True creams are not reddish and red dogs can be any shade from a red/mahogany to a strawberry blond.
    He's a beautiful color!!!! I esp like how he has dark nose and eyes even though he is a light color....I think that looks soooooo pretty.
    he is just adorable
    You can read about colors here:
    http://www.12many.com/duchwood/colorpat.html
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

:awww: Your pup is gorgeous. I agree he is "officially" a red, but very light. I've always thought it was neat how many different variations of red are possible in doxies. My Angel (in my signature pic) is also a "red" but she has such a heavy black overlay, she looks brown. My first doxie was a red with chocolate on him (we called it his "racing stripe" :D ).
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel