Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Insurance

Thanks

Embrace from what I hear covers back surgery thats why the girls i know researched all insurances--manyly for back surgery...but you might want to invest in I bonds they get a better percentage than E bond and you can buy 5 thousand dollars worth a year.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Many years ago, I had insurance on my mare Sally. She broke her leg in a pasture accident when she was 4 and had to be euthanized. Long story, but the short version is that my vet wasn't available and I had to call another one. The insurance company said that I should not have euthanized her, but should have gotten a second opinion, preferably from my own vet. I mean really...her back right leg was shattered, with bone shards sticking through the skin, she was in extreme shock, and it was just heartbreaking, but there was no choice. They never paid up, and I refused to have insurance after that. I started exploring the whole insurance thing for dogs thing when Alex was 6, and was just starting her very long decline. Since a) it became incredibly restrictive after the age of 8 (which in small dogs is foolish, since they tend to age slower), and b) covered virtually nothing that was potentially wrong with her, I also opted for the savings option. Also opened a small line of credit for the big stuff. Of course, I didn't realize that I would spend the gross national product of many small countries on her over the next 9 years . Now that I only ever want to have seniors in my house, that LoC is a godsend (and it helps that Laura lets me run a BIG tab ). Personally, I think insurance is a scam, and would avoid it like the plague!!! They do everything they can to actually not pay out, even when they're supposed to!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."