Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

We are back. They ended up pulling her canine that was affected. They used a synthetic bone draft to fill in the void in the jaw left after the canine was removed and the gum was stitched. There were 2 back upper teeth that showed impacted on x-rays that were also pulled. She is recovering from anestesia ok. She is on antibiotics and pain medication for the next week.

I am recovering from a shock of $946 bill.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Sending tooth for Sophie and wallet for you.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    Sending tooth for Sophie and wallet for you.

Huge on both counts
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

:holyshp: on the dollars. Glad she is recovering well. Lots more rayz for the beauty.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    :holyshp: on the dollars.
    Yep that was my reaction to the estimate as well. That included blood work, exam, dental x-rayz of all teeth, sedation, gas anesthesia, nerve block, ECG monitoring, antibiotic shot, IV cath, extractions (did 3 for the price of 1), synthetic bone draft, stitches, cleaning of the rest of the teeth (no charge), antibiotics for 1 week, pain/anti-inflammatory for 1 week, anti-pain shot before release.

The dentist praised Natasha and I for cleaning her teeth. He said for a 6 year old dog that had no cleaning prior, her teeth look very very good.

There were pictures of him doing dental work on a mountain lion, an African lion and a gorilla!!!

I am now thinking that Seb most likely has 2 of the same upper back teeth impacted as well. They are small and so hard to brush. When I was scaling it last time, there was a huge plaque chunk I missed before. Will have to take him to our regular vet and do dental for him.
    Olga

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Sending Sophie healing for a speedy recovery.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Sofie is doing well. She is back to bossing Seb around.

First night after the dental was a bit tough. She was not feeling well and was shaking when the pain shot wore off. Did eat her meal and drank some. I gave her meds and she slowly relaxed and fell asleep.

I am not able to check her mouth as she does not let me open it to see.

I decided to bite the bullet and scheduled a dental for Sebastian and will have our vet take out the same back upper teeth. I am convinced they are impacted the same way as Sofie's. There is no visible signs right now. It was only spotted after the x-rayz were taken. The dentist told me Sofie's would last some time but the infection would spread to the molar roots. His appointment is next Thursday. My vet told me she'd honor February dental discount.
    Olga

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Bogart's work cost a small fortune, too. I can't remember right now how much it was, but it was A LOT. But what are you going to do? Let them be in pain? I don't think so.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    Bogart's work cost a small fortune, too. I can't remember right now how much it was, but it was A LOT. But what are you going to do? Let them be in pain? I don't think so.
    Glad to hear Sophie's back to her old self, Olga!!! I don't even look at the amounts any more But I do know that between them, the Js cost me $4000 for their teeth (with all those extractions) when they first came. As Patrice says, how can you not??
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Sending Sophie and wallet
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.