Thanks

Default Bug home from the Big Snip

Just got home and he is sleeping again after a small drink of chicken broth & water.
    He is alert, but so tired.
    He is a bit growly so put him in the kitchen so everyone would leave him alone. Stomper wants to love him and the girls want to mommy him. Maybe tomarrow, he will feel better. All the ones have been girls and I know how they heal,m but this is the first boy in 8 years that has been nuetered.
    So someone talk to me about it! What do I watch for?
    Southwind
    Herder of Teak, Stomper, Rascel, Silver,
    Dreamer, Abby, Bella (GCDR), Mona & "Santuary Doxie" Lucky

Thanks

I think the same, any type of discharge, redness or swelling. Lots of rayz for the sweet Happy Bug.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I never had a boy neutered before, Sammy came already done, and so did Leonardo, but I agree with Lisa that you probably look for the same signs as in the girls, although they seem to suffer a bit more (darn it). Sending feel good for the little Bug.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

I've only had one boy Golden Retreiver and he wasn't neutered so I'm not really sure. Lots of Rayz for lil Bug!!

Thanks

Digger Do just got neutuered, and they told me, to watch the stitches, no jumping, licking, racing around, watch for swelling, redness, soreness, discharge around the area...

Other then that, He should be fine... give him a week of calm activities, though how i don't know cause It took everything i had to do for Digger, and still didn't work.
    Lindsey - Proud Mama of Digger and Bo(vine)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Digger Do just got neutuered, and they told me, to watch the stitches, no jumping, licking, racing around, watch for swelling, redness, soreness, discharge around the area...

Other then that, He should be fine... give him a week of calm activities, though how i don't know cause It took everything i had to do for Digger, and still didn't work.
    That covers all.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Thank you for the information. He will be spending lots of time this week in the xPen (which I made smaller) in the LV so he can not run around much.
    Southwind
    Herder of Teak, Stomper, Rascel, Silver,
    Dreamer, Abby, Bella (GCDR), Mona & "Santuary Doxie" Lucky

Thanks

I kept Gunner quiet for a few days. Also did not let him and petunia play together.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound