Thanks

Default PetzLife Dental Gel

After several people recommended this and after reading the glowing reviews I decided to try it. It's kind of pricey but they have a 10% discount this month. And if it works it will really save some $ in the long run! One of my rescue friends says the plaque melts off the teeth if used as directed. Anyone tried it?

Petzlife Dental Gel
    Lorrie, mom to Oscar, Charlie (RIP), Jacob (RIP), Heidi Lou Who & Vinnie

What's Up Dox Dachshund Shoppe

Thanks

Almost sounds to good to be true, doesn't it? I would love to hear if any one here has tried it.
    Sandi ~ Lola/Red LH ~ Riesling/Cream LH ~ Dooley/Red DD Smooth
    Foster mom for CTDR.ORG

Thanks

I did try PetzLife as soon as it was launched in the market a few years ago. The results with my kids were not exactly as I expected. Plaque/tartar did not come out as represented, and I still had to brush their teeth every day.

I've been using VetzLife, which is stronger, and can only be purchased at the vet's office. It also does not "melt" the plaque/tartar, but it gives better results -- just don't stop brushing those teefies.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

I have been using the LebaIII which is also grain alcohol based. I have noticed dramatic difference. But like most things you have to use it to see the results, if I stop, I see tarter buildup right away. But within a week of consistent use, I notice significantly cleaner teeth.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I have used PetzLife and it does okay, however like everyone else said you have to use it regularly. For me the best thing for their teeth is the is the raw bones. It has made the difference. Any hard chew toy would work too if they keep chewing on it.
    MOM TO: :rpaw:
    Dachshunds-Cali, Cash, Diva, Cayenne, and Jackson
    Non Dachs-Skye, Smurf, Buster, Shockey, Teche, and Tater

www.gulfcoastdachshundrescue.org

Thanks

I have used it for a while and it seems to do pretty good--want to try Leba the next time...I'm just not to happy about alcohol in Leba and Petzlife ...
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

I, too, have had better luck with VetzLife, after trying PetzLife. I still brush, and Lexie despises either one and isn't happy with brushing so I guess we'll still have to endure the teeth cleaning with her. Jack is much more cooperative.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsudachs18 View Post
    For me the best thing for their teeth is the is the raw bones. It has made the difference. Any hard chew toy would work too if they keep chewing on it.
    That's the best thing for mine. Cash and Scooter are big chewers and have very clean teeth. Miller, not so much, so I'm starting the Leba III with him again.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue