Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Default We went to the races

We did go to the doxie races at N. Ft. Myers today, and had a great time. We could not get close enough to see any of the races for the first hour, but we did spend the time talking to people who stopped us to see the girls about rescue. I gave our DLC address to a few who are interested in adopting, so we can help them find the perfect doxies. One woman was looking for a chocolate dapple, and it seems to me that we have one looking for a forever home. If not, we will help her.

The girls all behaved beautifully. I was a little worried that Daisy would be all huffy about people wanting to handle her sisters, but after the first few people said how beautiful they all are, she just chilled and accepted her due. The only time she did get a little stern was when kids charged at them, and I don't blame her. I always instinctively head them off at the pass.

They were all wearing their puppia harnesses, and I got a lot of inquiries about those, and where I got them. My favorite dealer got a lot of referals today. So did Pet-teek slings, because I took the sling I won from the Pet Postcard Project so I could carry Molly when she got tired. And she did. I looked down to see her resting her head on Daisy's back and her eyes closed. Lol. She enjoyed her boob height view of the races after that.

mohawk dog

The races were fun, the day was beautiful, and we got to see a lot of doxies, as well as other breeds. There was some kind of bigger dog there with a head to tail mohawk. Yes, dh got a photo. I didn't have my camera today, but he did. I will get his card later and download. We got to promote rescue to a lot of people, and tell them that buying from petstores is buying from puppy mills. I got to show Taffy what hurdles for agility are. She jumped them easily, but wasn't sure why, lol. If I could run, I am sure she would love agility.

A lot of people were surprised to see us with four doxies, all belonging to us. I thought that was funny, considering how big some of the herds on here are. I was very proud of how the girls behaved. They got some good socialization today. Dh learned that our girls are normal about the barking. Doxies bark. Lots of barking today, lol. He saw doxies in all colors, sizes, shapes and varieties. He saw his first wire today, too.

We had a great time, and came home worn out. Can't wait to do it again.
    Last edited by Jacqueline; 03-29-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: photo added

Thanks

So happy you had a good experience! You were due one, lol! Being around doxie loving crowds is always awesome.

Thanks

Most of his photos did not turn out well....three dogs and a camera combined with a crowd walking in front of him. Oh well. Here are the four girls all nicely tangled together, lol.

Thanks

lol! Glad you had fun! Sometime me and Molly will have to go to something like that!

Thanks

I'm so glad you had a good time, you were well overdue for one!

that dog with a mohawk! I wonder where that came from

Your kids looked very well behaved, and I'm glad your husband found out that all Dachshunds bark... a lot!!
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

There are some photos from the races at news-press.com . I especially like the one of the man and his weiner.

Thanks

Too cute! Sounds like you had a great time!
    Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)