HighMaint Guest

Default OK Dachshund Dash

Didn't know if anyone here is from OK..

I love this event!

APril 18th!

http://www.doxiedash.com/

Thanks

Oh, my goodness! Love that picture! There are weiners running in every single direction
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

HighMaint Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vferraro99 View Post
    Oh, my goodness! Love that picture! There are weiners running in every single direction
    they actually shoot out of these gates similar to horse racing. The event started at the local fairgrounds and quickly had to be moved to one of the largest convention centers in the city...they have so many entries that had to do a drawing and cap it..

The OK Gazette does a full spread of the racers..you wouldn't believe some of the names..absolutely histerical..i mean they even talk smack.

Thanks

We are planning on going! We are in OKC and we just saw a commercial on TV for this event just this past weekend. My husband and I got all excited about it and decided right then it's a must do event.
    Looks like it will be LOTS of fun.

HighMaint Guest

Cool! I just PMed you..i'm in Yukon, just moved from 'the city'! This should be a great event! It has grown from tight quarters at the fairgrounds to this major production..

Thanks

We just got home from this event. There were hundreds of Doxies of all shapes, colors, sizes and hair lengths. There were fat doxies, long doxies, skinny doxies, lowriders, highriders, happy, scared, annoyed, funny, I could just go on with the different descriptions.
    There were also many other breeds from Chihuahua to Great Dane and everything in between.
    The racing dachshunds were hilarious. Some would dash across the finish line leaving their owners eating their dust. Then there were others who ran the wrong direction and one even ran out into the spectators area. So her Daddy scooped her up, ran with her to the finish line and set her down and she walked across slowly as if to say "I planned it all this way".
    There were lots of vendors with all kinds of goodies. We brought home dog treats and food samples. Little doggie waste bags in dispensers that hook to their leashes. Thermal lunch bags. We won 2 free passes to see a movie, can't remember the name of it but it's a new comedy release. Looking forward to that.
    All in all we had a GREAT time.
    I tried to get pics but we were pretty high up in the stands. But I got a couple to share to show you how big an event this is becoming.

Can't wait to go to next years event!

My Hubby and Grandson

My daughter and Grandson

Then something went wrong with my camera and it wouldn't work properly so this is the only pic I got of them running before my camera stopped working altogether.

Thanks

:yay: looks like fun !
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly