Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Off we go.. (Update post #8)

again..to the vets. Sigh. Theo has been scratching his ears for the past few days like crazy, and making a odd sound when doing so like they are really bugging him. He also has a nasty smell in one ear and today, was tilting his head and shaking it poor thing. This has happened in the past, and when it has I have cleaned out the ear and the scratching has stopped. Not this time. I hope I didn't leave it too long, as I am always one who runs to the vet before the "wait and "see". Stupid stupid me, should have brought him in sooner. Any spare rayz would be greatly appreciated. We are on way now...
    Last edited by Kasianni; 04-27-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Sending ear from Texas. it's nothing major. Just some ear gunk that some meds will clear up fast.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

He may have a bit of an infection..... Just finished up meds for Mary,CuteAndTiny - both ears were infected !

Ear on the way !
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Ear rayz for your boy.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Tons of mega ear for Theo.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

IN DA EARS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I'm learning to live with chronic ear infections with Wendal...no fun at all, and it drives him crazy, poor Boo!!! I'm sure the vet will give you some drops and it'll clear up. Poor ol' Theo :(. Let us know what the vet says, ok? and .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

We are back, took ages. We were having really nice weather hear, tee-shirt weather, yet today it snowed, go figure...lots of traffic.
    Theo saw a new vet since my vet was not there today. After me playing and checking his ears for 2 days he wasn't interested in anyone else looking at them I am so glad I took him in, he has a nice infection in his left ear, the ear canal is really swollen and there is some liquid. (can't remember the English name of it as the convo was in french.)
    She gave me broad spectrum drops for his ears, covers fungal, bacterial, its an antibiotic. He also has little pimples on the inside of both ear flaps. She asked me if I wanted to give him oral antibiotics to take care of the skin issues as well or wait and see if the drops will work on that too since its also an antibiotic. I took them, I know they are not great for them, but if the inner or middle ear has any infection in it, the antibiotics will take care of that too. Poor Theo. He is all tuckered out curled in a little ball on his bed on my desk. I am so glad I went, I can't stand seeing them suffer. Merci for all the

Thanks

Poor little guy! I hate to see them suffer, too. for your furboy!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

You're a good mom, Kasia!! Always listen to your gut Tons more ear for poor little Theo. I wonder if all his puppy illnesses have compromised his immune system a bit?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."