I got the call at work from the Mobile shelter. The news didn't even have the story yet, but a pit bull fighting ring had been busted, and because they have to keep the dogs separated, they have to keep a kennel empty between them all, using up and entire wing of the shelter. They keep more than one dog to a run, so that means over 200 dogs will have to be put down. Puppies, everybody.
I'd seen on petfinder earlier this week that there was 2 dachshunds, and wondered why they hadn't called, but was busy with Yoshi and the babies and didn't really give it any thought.
Then the phone rang.
I didn't hesitate to say yes.
One psychotic looking unique chocolate looking boy named Billy, complete with NUTZ~ The anipals were good to him, and Daisy May wants him to play.

He was becoming depressed at the shelter, not eating and shaking nonstop.

Billy as in HILL from Alabama. Owners were moving and 'couldn't take him with'

And the other boy (named Scooter, and since I already have a creepy Uncle Scooter, he has a new name) Jackson, or Jax for short.

He's a little more scared right now, hanging out in the crate, but this is why the owners turned him in: Allergies. HIS allergies. He has a slightly runny nose. They brought him there with the instructions to put him to sleep because they were tired of paying the vet bills for him. But the Anipals were good to him. I was expecting a hairless scabby freak, and got this:

I had to leave the cockerspaniel that was in the cage with Billy behind, and it just KILLS me to do that, knowing that she will die because there is no room, and asshats decided it'd be OK to fight dogs, which after 30 days will be put down too.