Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Rescued 2 Boys Today

I got the call at work from the Mobile shelter. The news didn't even have the story yet, but a pit bull fighting ring had been busted, and because they have to keep the dogs separated, they have to keep a kennel empty between them all, using up and entire wing of the shelter. They keep more than one dog to a run, so that means over 200 dogs will have to be put down. Puppies, everybody.
    I'd seen on petfinder earlier this week that there was 2 dachshunds, and wondered why they hadn't called, but was busy with Yoshi and the babies and didn't really give it any thought.
    Then the phone rang.
    I didn't hesitate to say yes.
    One psychotic looking unique chocolate looking boy named Billy, complete with NUTZ~ The anipals were good to him, and Daisy May wants him to play.

He was becoming depressed at the shelter, not eating and shaking nonstop.

Billy as in HILL from Alabama. Owners were moving and 'couldn't take him with'

And the other boy (named Scooter, and since I already have a creepy Uncle Scooter, he has a new name) Jackson, or Jax for short.

He's a little more scared right now, hanging out in the crate, but this is why the owners turned him in: Allergies. HIS allergies. He has a slightly runny nose. They brought him there with the instructions to put him to sleep because they were tired of paying the vet bills for him. But the Anipals were good to him. I was expecting a hairless scabby freak, and got this:

I had to leave the cockerspaniel that was in the cage with Billy behind, and it just KILLS me to do that, knowing that she will die because there is no room, and asshats decided it'd be OK to fight dogs, which after 30 days will be put down too.

Thanks

Please send Billy to me. Post Haste. LOL!!! but seriously, he is a DOLL!!! They both are!

Thanks

Oh, my... my heart is breaking that they'll be putting those pitbulls down nonetheless, and will also PTS others just because... this is killing me.

The boys are very, very cute, and Billy has a scaredy cat face, but Jax is so, so handsome!!

You're an
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

You can make him a GCDR dog (but I'm over my limit of GCDR dogs, lulz)

Thanks

What good lookin' boys. I'm so glad you took them in! Billy has the coolest expression!

Thanks

Look at Billy's front paws - they are huge !!! LOL - I had to giggle at his expression - he just looks freaked out.....bless his heart - no wonder with what he has been through.

Jackson is adorable - he has such a sweet face....

Thank you
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

One psychotic looking unique chocolate looking boy named Billy, complete with NUTZ~

Couldn't have explained his expression better....LOL. Can't wait to see what he looks like after he calms down. Jax looks so adorable.... so happy you saved him !!!!!
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks

Jackson is sooo cute with an expresion like Mr. Owen Weenie. never quite seen a face like Billy's before!!!
    I think Daisy May likes the intact boys...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Jackson wanted to spend his evening out in the sun room in a crate, but I wasn't having that. I coaxed him out of the cage, and he is now in the puppy pile on my lap. He's not shaking any more, and I think his "allergies" are just higher than normal reverse sneezes.

And Billy....has just humped himself to sleep on my lap too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom View Post

And Billy....has just humped himself to sleep on my lap too.
    Draco gives Billy two paws up for that. Even though Draco is fixed, we are ocassionally woke up at night from Draco humping either my leg or my wife's. Mostly the wife.

I can't help but to laugh at Billy's expression.