abbeyrosesmommy Guest

Default Puppy Treats Warning

Hi i'm new here and still need to post about my baby girl Abbagail Rose. I've been just looking around the site right now. First off i'd like to say thank you for letting me join. I wanted to post this warning and wasn't sure what to post under so I hope it's ok I did it like this. This is really important because a dear friend of mine lost her Doxie last month and if this saves even 1 baby it would be worth the post. I'm sure you have all seen those rawhide chews that have the knobs on the end so they look almost like a barbell. They come in many sizes. They are VERY dangerous for any dog. What can happen is they chew in the middle causing is it to soften and the knob on the end can come off causing the dog to choke on it. My friend wasn't home at the time. She had left her baby with one of his favorite treats. When she got home she found him and it was to late for her to do anything. So please if your babies have any of these take them away NOW.

Thanks

It's very important to not let your dog have any shape of rawhide or bully chew unsupervised.
    Mine do chew those sometimes but I never ever leave them alone with rawhides or any bones except nylabones.
    Owen is a pretty aggressive chewer so he can chew the knots off the end. Altough I usually get big ones that take him longer...I have to watch him and take them away when it gets soft and he starts getting pieces off.
    Salsa...well, I don't worry about that too much LOL.
    I'm so sorry your friend lost her dog like that. That is just awful :(
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear your friend lost her dog, how sad. :(
    I never have given my pups rawhide, and they will never have them.
    They get nylabones only and are supervised.:group:

abbeyrosesmommy Guest

Well Abbey doesn't realize she is a d-o-g so she turns her nose up if you offer her any rawhide. Now if you give her any stuffed animal on the other hand she gets very protective of her mommy and makes sure she kills it. She wont rest until every piece of stuffing has been ripped out and left all over mommy's bed to show me that the big bad creature is dead.