Thanks

Default "Bone" of contention

Braydi loves her Nylabones. Her first Nylabone had actually belonged to Bayley. We bought it when we first adopted her five years ago but she never had any interest in it. When we gave it to Braydi, love was born. She is now on Nylabone number 3. These become her constant companion. I think I posted before that she can't go to sleep until she brings it up on the bed and puts it in her special spot. She chews it while I get ready in the mornings and then leaves it on that special spot on the bed during the day and goes immediately to it when I get home in the evenings.

Not any Nylabone will do. It has to be a plain, medium sized Nylabone. We've tried flavors and the wishbones...no interest.

And did I mention that for five years, Bayley hasn't had any interest at all in Nylabones?

That changed tonight. As Braydi chewed her BFF on the living room floor as we ate dinner, Bayley sat nearby watching. And watching. And watching. So after dinner, as we snuggled on the couch, I gave Bayley the Nyla-wishbone that Braydi had zero interest in. And she began to chew it. And Braydi had a little jealousy moment. And as Bayley chewed, Braydi sulked. So we gave Braydi her BFF and she chewed it and for a brief moment, both hounds were happy. For a moment. Now Braydi is sulking and ignoring her BFF and only wants the wishbone that Bayley is enjoying. And Cpt. Cheapy Pants and I? We just laugh but I see Nyla-he** to come as we try to mediate the Nyla War.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Just can not help laughing. We have alway had Nyla bones (medium size-plain) but until Abby come 2 years ago, only 2 were in the house and they were ignored. Now we have 20 ( for 9 doxies) and everyone chews on them but seem to want the one that Abby has. It is funny to watch someone gab the one she puts down - it is like a race for the treasure - am thinking Abby slobber is tasty .
    Bad thing is they are getting hard to find. Walmart carries the edible kind (Why would I want them to eat it - Nylabones are susposed to be long lasting chewing). The flavored ones are totally ignored and disliked.
    Abby carries one to bed every night and puts it under the pillows, so when we notice the Bone Dish (Big Dog Dish) is getting empty, we haul them all out from under the pillows.
    You might need more nyla wishbones and another regular Nylabone to deter any problems.
    Southwind
    Herder of Teak, Stomper, Rascel, Silver,
    Dreamer, Abby, Bella (GCDR), Mona & "Santuary Doxie" Lucky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Whatever the other dog has is what they want most
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue