Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Chi attacked by Coyote saved by pitt bulls

Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Holy Mother of God! I'm so thankful those pit bulls were there to save the day!! I take offense at them stating that "there is some good to pit bulls, not all bad." It's not the dog, people, it's the humans!!!

I hope the little Chi gets better soon, poor baby. Sending

I don't blame the coyotes either. People (isn't it always people?) have been encroaching on their habitat, which has shrunk terribly and they are hungry... they'll catch whatever comes their way. It's people's fault, not the animals.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vferraro99 View Post
    Holy Mother of God! I'm so thankful those pit bulls were there to save the day!! I take offense at them stating that "there is some good to pit bulls, not all bad." It's not the dog, people, it's the humans!!!
    It's people's fault, not the animals.
    Totally agree with you. I was annoyed that she thought she had to put that in there rather than be thankful for her neighbor's dogs intervening, regardless the breed.

Thanks

So true (vicki's comments). Not the hungry coyates fault, but thank Dog that the pits were there to save the day. Maybe this will help those idiots who think pits are evil to know they are not. It is something taught to them (as with any breed, can be taught to be mean) and since they are muscle dogs are thought of as naturally mean. Have met alot of very friendly pits and think the idiots out there need to be educated (but they would not beleive anyhow).
    Southwind
    Herder of Teak, Stomper, Rascel, Silver,
    Dreamer, Abby, Bella (GCDR), Mona & "Santuary Doxie" Lucky

Thanks

Isnt this a good story and I do hope the chi recovers. And Vicki, Andrea, Southwind. Its not the coyotes fault, its mans the same for pitts. They are, with any dog, a beautiful breed of dog. To tell you the truth, Ive seen tons but Ive never had the honor to meet and pet a pitt bull, ever. I hope too someday. Where I live, they are banned. Thats my goal, to prove people wrong, they are good dogs just misunderstood and damaged by man.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vferraro99 View Post

I hope the little Chi gets better soon, poor baby. Sending

I don't blame the coyotes either. People (isn't it always people?) have been encroaching on their habitat, which has shrunk terribly and they are hungry... they'll catch whatever comes their way. It's people's fault, not the animals.
    to all!

All wildlife habitats are shrinking, and all you hear is bitching about the wildlife taking over. What in the he!! do you expect. Stupid people!!

The last few nights the coyote's have been VERY close, it's really kind of eerie when they start "singing".

for the Chi, I sure hope he makes it.

Thanks for sharing that article.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
    Ive never had the honor to meet and pet a pitt bull, ever. I hope too someday.
    Yep, check out this story about those vicious, vicious animals:

http://www.examiner.com/x-21890-Oran...y-Karma-Rescue

:hearts: (we have an APB mix) :hearts:
    .......Chuck (Barb's big bro)

http://www.anipalsanctuary.org
    IT&DDD (interstate transportation and dachshund delivery department)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilk51 View Post
    Yep, check out this story about those vicious, vicious animals:

http://www.examiner.com/x-21890-Oran...y-Karma-Rescue

:hearts: (we have an APB mix) :hearts:
    Oh yes. I've read this story and seen the video. Have you ever seen Pitt Boss on animalplanet? Karma Reacue was on there taking a dog to foster for Shorty's Rescue.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
    Have you ever seen Pitt Boss on animalplanet? Karma Reacue was on there taking a dog to foster for Shorty's Rescue.
    Pit Boss is one of my fave shows.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Smile chi attacked by coyote saved by pit......

OMG, what an amazing story! Iam not, personally, a fan of pits, but thank god they did what they did. Poor little chi. Here's a weird experience I had about a month ago. I live in the middle of a pretty big town, just 17 miles out of downtown Manhattan. I was sitting on my front porch, just before it got toally dark & I saw what I thought was a dog weaving in & out between parked cars. Well, it came out & streaked across a big grassy area & I said "OMG, that's not a dog; it's a coyote!! In NYC suburbs! I've been telling all neighbors with dogs to be aware because there's at least ONE roaming around town. Bizarre, huh?

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out & your dog would go in." - Mark Twain