Thanks

Default Sebastian's annual

I forgot to post about his annual visit. My vet is going on maternity leave, so I wanted to take him in before she went.

Great news: Sebastian is at 12 lbs 5 oz. That's his lowest weight in a very long time. He used to be 14 lbs. Since my ex moved out, Seb doesn't get nearly as much cheese as he used to. I give him his glocosamine wrapped in a small piece every morning and that's it. My vet agreed that this is the best weight for him to be at because of ..

Not so great: when she touched his back in the middle, he tensed every time. She said to keep his weight low, continue glucosamine and watch him. They now have some laser machine that is recommended for IVDD and other inflammations. She said they could use that if he starts showing symptoms of back problem.

She also said that since Sebastian had his shot boosters for the last 3 years in a row, he can skip this year boosters. She is really against over vaccinating. Last year I ordered vaccines (except rabies) and did the shots myself to save some money. I may still have to do it this year, if I move somewhere where they require vet records and all shots for dogs.

I love our vet. She understands my $$$ situation and doesn't mind me doing my a la carte exam, my own doing of the shots, getting heartworm test done elsewhere, etc. She still remembers Sabrina and her ordeal with her back. And is so genuinely happy that she recovered so well.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

That is great you have such an amazing vet! I am sorry that he has some potential for back issues. it never develops into anything serious.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

What a nice vet. Here's to a VERY Healthy Back!
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Your vet sounds great! I'm sorry that Seb has some potential to have back problems. But since you know and can be on the lookout, you may be able to catch them before they develop into serious problems.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue