Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default If not a dachshund

What breed of dog would you own if you couldn't have a dachshund? This is hypothetical and totally for fun, so think outside the box.

Base your decision on goofy bloodhound ears or shar-pei wrinkles, or heinz 57 looks of a mixed breed.

If I couldn't have a dachshund, I'd want a Great Dane for their laid back personality, or a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel because they are so stinkin cute!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

I'd probably have a GSD (always loved them) or a Doberman (yeah, totally on the big side)!!
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Before I chose to get Rusty my 1st ever dachshund, my breed of choice was and still is GSD's. My shepherd mix passed away just before I moved out and got married. She was the love of my life, my best friend. She inspired me to be who I am today and why I love animals so much. Even though she was a mix, she was 1/2 & 1/2 GSD and Australlian Shepherd. I said my next dog would be a GSD, but I got Rusty (apartment sized doggie) and I am so blessed I did get a dachshund. And of course when I was given the opportunity to get another dog after Rusty and had a house, not an apartment, I got a dachshund and then another. LOL! Ill have a GSD someday but always with a doxie

Other dogs Id love to have too
    Golden Retriever
    Lab
    Corgi
    Bassett
    Mutt
    Rescued!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Friggin Darwin

This is difficult, as I love all dogs and base my wants on personalities and need of rescuing. With that out of the way, I'd like a basset. I love those velvet ears. Whatever breed it is, I want a black dog. AND, in addition, I've always been on the lookout for a clone of my childhood dog Killer: toy poodle terrier mix. AND a Dolly clone. AND a Buddy Clone. (but no more Friggin Darwin)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    What breed of dog would you own if you couldn't have a dachshund? This is hypothetical and totally for fun, so think outside the box.

Base your decision on goofy bloodhound ears or shar-pei wrinkles, or heinz 57 looks of a mixed breed.

If I couldn't have a dachshund, I'd want a Great Dane for their laid back personality, or a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel because they are so stinkin cute!
    Cavaliers are pretty laid back in my experience as well...they really are cute aren't they? If I was to own something beside a doxie it would be a border collie. We have had those in the past as well so we know enough about them to know we don't have the time or space for one at this point. They are very energetic and active and need to "work". Maybe when (if) I ever retire!

Thanks

Cocker
    English Bulldog - I would have to get it fully grown so I'd know if it drooled cause Shonda can't handle drool. ick
    Affie
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

No idea. I"ve had dachshunds so long that I don't even think about other dogs much.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

What is funny is I know both Rafi's and Tanya's answer to this, but am not sure about mine

I have always loved Basset Hounds and Beagles. So I went on Petfinder and found her. :hearts: Seriously. Love. Her.

I love border collies too, but I am way to much of a couch potato.

Pretty much anything except Pugs. No office to any pug lovers! Maybe I have just watched Men in Black too many times, I don't know. Not a big fan.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Lisa,

Look at this one :hearts:http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15008314

I dont like pugs personally for myself either. So dang cute! but they snort and shed a lot!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

I'd have a Cavalier *in a second* if they weren't prone to serious heart problems.

I grew up with cockers and they are awesome. I think the other spaniels are cute too - Clumber spaniels, Sussex spaniels, Brittany spaniels. Had a Beagle/Brittany mix for awhile when I was really young, but my parents gave her to a friend with outdoor space. She was really energetic.

DH and I want a longhaired whippet at some point :hearts:

It will be hard for me to ever be without a longhaired girl doxie, though. Love my girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post

I love border collies too, but I am way to much of a couch potato.
    GET OUT OF MY BRAIN, LISA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Pretty much anything except Pugs. No office to any pug lovers! Maybe I have just watched Men in Black too many times, I don't know. Not a big fan.
    NO, I MEAN SERIOUSLY. GET OUT OF IT.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel