Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Update on Dumbledore

First off, I think his diarrehea is better. He last pooped yesterday morning that I know of, and it was normal. I have not seen him poop today. He finishes his antibiotic Saturday.

I wish this update was accompanied by a video of Dumbledore playing around, but over the last few days all he wants to do is lay around. He still eats fine and eats treats when given to him, and still is alert. He does get a burst of energy and then afterwards acts like it just completely wipes him out. I have noticed over the last couple of days his breathing is getting heavier, and more lymph nodes are swelling to the point of visibility. You can look at his face and tell he is sick. He looks thin in the face, but his stomach area is a little fuller looking now. He had lost weight while on chemo, but now looks like he hasn't. I am not sure if that may be some general swelling. It has been two weeks since his last appointment in which we decided to stop treatment because the chemo was no longer working. We will see how he does this weekend, but if there is no change we will be calling the oncologist on Monday for an appointment for a check up. There is a possiblity that an increase in prednisone could improve his well being for a time.

His grandma and grandpa are up for a visit this weekend. There will be lots of time outside, along with steak and ice cream. Maybe it will perk him up a bit. Needless to say, we are getting very worried about him now. He is just not himself, and through the whole ordeal, he has pretty much maintained being himself.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

I just got a definite "YES" on the prednisone. Do you remember one of my last posts where I focused and picked up that a past treatment might help?

Thanks

He still sounds happy which is good. I am glad he will get to see his Grammy and Grandpa. I just wish I could give you and your wife a great big hug right now. You are both so awesome, and Dumbledore is so lucky to have found you both. I wish there was something magical that could make him better.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

many many for you all!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

David, as incredibly sad as updates such as these make the DLC family, I cannot imagine how horrible it is for you, Mrs. David an the Hogwarts crew.

He is a lucky boy to have you and I am SO glad he is here to enjoy a visit with the grandparents. I know you were worried about that.

seems to be the order of the day, with a side order of I HATE THIS!!!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear Dumbledore is not feeling good, David. I know this is very hard on you I can only continue to pray that he can keep up for a while longer.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Could you not get him some Holistic treatment---might work for him.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm sorry Dumbledore isn't feeling better. You and your wife are awesome. Sending and
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

So glad he gets some grandma and grandpa spoiling time. I would say yes to uping the pred - whatever helps him feel better. Our Master Wizard is a lucky fellow.... a loving family is one awesome thing - you have given him that and so much more. Sending tons of for Big D and a for his very giving humans.
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

You are such good parents! I hope Dumbledore has a great time with the grandparents this weekend. I'm sure it will lift his spirits!
    Barb
    Charleston, WV
    Mom of two adult kids, 2 furkids and Grand Mummy to 4 furkids!

Mummy to Millie the Rescue 6/26/2010