Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Can anyone help here?

Passing along for a friend

Hello Nancy –

I work with Frank Z. and he was kind enough to give me your contact information so I could ask you about what home-finding potentials you might have for two absolutely adorable mini-dachshunds.

Cinnamon and Arlene are 11 year-old full blooded mini-doxies, and are half-sisters. They have always been a pair, so cannot be separated. Cinnamon is half long-hair, as she had a different mother than Arlene. She’s about 2 lbs heavier than Arlene, very soft hair and just a cuddle-bug. Arlene is smooth haired, very slim and is the “nose” and hunter of the pair.

They are both spaded and healthy. Cinnamon has a condition called “cherry-eye”, wherein the inner fold of the eyelid is turned, making a red area above her eye. She has had this since she was about 6 months old; the vet recommended no surgery as the surgery is harder on the animal than the condition.

I bought these two precious doxies as a 6-year birthday gift for a granddaughter I was raising at the time. They were her constant companions until she moved back to live with her mother earlier this year. She is now 17 and not interested in dogs. Her mother will not take them – to my great dismay.

My job is increasingly travel-oriented; I’m gone for weeks at a time and the expenses – not to mention the doxies’ experiences – are just not something I can continue to deal with.

They are crate-trained, so that is helpful, but they spend their days in that crate from 7Am to 7PM even under my normal work time. They are house-trained on potty habits.

All these darlings want is to love and cuddle.

They would thrive with someone who understands doxies; wants companionship; wants to be adored; and doesn’t mind that they are 11 years old.

Please, if you have any person (s) that might be interested in them would you let me know? I need to have them placed by year-end, if at all possible.

Thank you so much – Judith Taylor

Judith Taylor

Senior Editor - ICIS Houston

Covering chlor-alkali/oleochemicals/crude & refined glycerine/biodiesel

Office: 713-525-2607

Mobile: 713-203-0024

Thanks

Poor babies, 11 years old, and in crates 7 to 7.....

I hope someone has room for these two.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Here are rays that they can get help
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

How sad! Sending forever home !
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.