Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

I will say this....when Rocky had his blockage it took 17 days to appear...I know when he ate the nylon and i know when he got sick. I don't think you could ever be to careful. What was removed was the leg to my nylon and the nose to a toy he got for Christmas...I'm not sure when he ate the nose so not sure if the nose was the problem or the nylon. We were told he was a very lucky dog. He started getting sick the evening prior to when we took him in about 12 hours. Prior to that he was eating and :poo: just fine.

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks

So I made an apt at the vets for 4. However my vet called me about half hour ago to see how Theo was and then said to wait till tomorrow to see.
    I have never waited for anything with my dogs, if there is the slightest problem in we go right away as most of you know. Sometimes it has been false alarms because I worried to much. My vet asked me if he kept his breakfast down. He has. He just had a normal bowel movement, was not soft or anything. He just ate some gastro food that my vet told me to go and get and he has kept that down. He is bugging Mika like crazy and doing zoomies all around the living room, is active and just fine. I cancelled the apt. I want to be calm, I am tired of running to the vets because I am scared or worried and end up paying 150 so I have no more anxiety. It gets expensive. However I do have reason to worry as he threw up a nice chunk of material. Oddly enough, I checked the material, it was all little pieces that had formed into the shape of a poop. How, I don't know. It was small enough to pass, it was smaller then his normal poop. I think I will wait and see. I want to run to the vets but he is acting normal. If there is anything overnight, I will rush him to the e-vet that is about 20 minutes from here. If not I will call my vet in the morning to see what he says. The vet I go to has a few vets working there, my pups usually see Patrick. He is the best. They are all great and I have talked to two of them today, and two different techs. All said the same thing. Do you think I am doing the right thing? I would never put my dogs in harms way or ignore something wrong but he is just fine. Its really hard on me as I said I always run there.

Thanks

I would say if he vomits get him in ASAP...other then that I think you're fine to wait it out. I'm thinking he passed what he ate, and he's done with it.

As I stated above Rocky was fine...it was not until the vomiting began I knew something was up (he was at the vets within 10 hours from that).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Two Red Smooth's View Post
    I would say if he vomits get him in ASAP...other then that I think you're fine to wait it out. I'm thinking he passed what he ate, and he's done with it.

As I stated above Rocky was fine...it was not until the vomiting began I knew something was up (he was at the vets within 10 hours from that).
    Did he only vomit once and then you brought him in?
    As it nears 8:30 pm the time which my vet closes.. I am getting anxiety and wondering if I made the right decision. I should never have left those pants on the floor. This is all my fault and could have been avoided if I had just picked them up.

Thanks

He hasn't vomited, he is playing, he is eating, it is all GOOD!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Kasia!! Don't go down the "if only" road. It happened, can't undo it, move on!

If he's still doing fine, then he'll be ok overnight. If he isn't overnight, you have the e-vet to go to. It's only 12 hours. All good!!!

Deep breaths...you'll just stress the dogs out too.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasianni View Post
    Did he only vomit once and then you brought him in?
    Once the vomiting began, it continued water would not even stay down.

Thanks

Dumbledore's favorite treat up until the end was Downey dryer sheets. We would watch his poo, and sure enough he would poop out pure white poo a short time later. Don't know if it smelled sunshinny fresh. We didn't go that far.

The thing we learned from him through all the trials and tribulations was that as long as he was eating and acted hungry, kept the food down, and pooped normal with normal consistency, pretty much everything should be ok. If he stops wanting to eat, eats, but doesn't poo, or vomits then there is some cause for concern.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

I wouldn't wait to long...I know of people that have lost their dogs to blockages after a couple of days even though they had surgery...Every dog is different no cases are ever alike...just like by humans...
    Here are rays for him
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Milo was NOTORIOUS for eating his blankets. He chewed perfectly round holes and then ate the material. He was always fine. His poops were rather colorful, though.

Don't stress too much. Check the size of what came out, and the size of the hole in the pants. Piece it as much as you can so you have an idea of what is left.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper