Thread: Earz!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Earz!!

All three of the kids have been scritching at their ears like crazy, and I'm having to clean them out almost every day. Wendal was in for a chiro appt yesterday, so had Laura look at all three of their ears. Well, the good news is that it isn't ear mites (and James is fine), but Jules and Wen have yet ANOTHER yeast infection.

Poor ol' Jules HATES beyond reason having her ears cleaned...for some reason, the inside of her ears is constantly crusting over so that any gunk inside her ears forms a semi-permanent scab which is quite painful to remove. We've tried everything to fight it, and I finally just gave up, since her ears being like that seem to bother her a lot less than cleaning it does. Poor her...they cleaned them thoroughly, which apparently took 3 people (to hold down a 9 pound dog) . So now I've got Surolan to squirt in there for the next 10 days (and Wen's too, which he hates!). She spent all yesterday evening shaking her head and being restless...she is SUCH a wussy little thing, ki-yiing like crazy...honest to god, the neighbours must think I'm trying to kill her, and I'm literally not even touching her!! . Everybody slept through the night though, thank goodness!!!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

:drama: Pebbles used to yelp before you even touched her. I guess that was just in case it hurt. They can be such drama queens, I swear.

At least they all slept thru the night. That's always a good thing.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Ear !!!!! And awesome about sleeping through the night!! What's that like? Mine never, ever do...even when they feel tip-top. ;)
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Ear rayz. And :yay: to sleeping

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
    Ear !!!!! And awesome about sleeping through the night!! What's that like? Mine never, ever do...even when they feel tip-top. ;)
    I feel your pain, Robyne!! When I say sleeping through the night, it means no one got up to pee, or throw up, or to have a good scritch and a roll, or to jump on me, or bark, or whine, or...it's all a relative thing. They still get pretty restless, esp. Wendal, who ALWAYS gets up around 3 wanting (he thinks) to go out. I just ignore him, and he usually goes back to bed. If he get REALLY insistent, then I know it's serious and get up. Haven't had a solid night's sleep since Alex became ill 7 years ago . I'm off to a conference next week for 3 days, and the best part of all is being able to sleep undisturbed .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Not a thread hijack, but Pixel has been sleeping with us since his foot got injured. I don't know how you all ever feel rested?! I am so tired, he wakes up every morning at 1:00 and wants his belly rubbed, or to play or to go out
    I brought his little pet taxi crate upstairs and toss him in there, then again at 4:00 he wants back into bed and squeaks....repeatedly, so I get up, get him out of his pet crate and toss (literally) him into bed again. His stitches come out on Saturday, Sunday on he will be back in his crate downstairs.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Cash used to want his tummy rubbed in the middle of the night. He's finally gotten tired of being told "Go to sleep!!!!" I guess. He sleeps between us wrapped in an afghan and pretty much stays in one place all night. Scooter used to sleep in the bed but Jim said he crowded him too much so he's in his crate except for the occasional weekend night.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Ew. Ear problems are no fun at all!! for Jules and Wendal!

I'm starting a new thread about sleeping places! Check it out!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

I use the Halo ear wash and it's really great. doesn't dry out their ears or sting...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue