Thread: Rally

Thanks

Default Rally

We had our first class on Tuesday night. It was fun. We are doing rally because it's taught by one of Gigi's favorite person (our "ex" agility trainer before she stopped teaching) and also I figured it's something we can actually practice at home (unlike agility I can barely put the weave in my living room).

There are 6 of us. We learned heeling and also to perfect the "down" command. I was supposed to keep feeding Gigi while she was walking by my side. I have no problem doing that. But I do have big issue of Gigi trying to eat my fingers. LOL. Gigi didn't take treats nicely at all. So it just felt like she was trying to bite my fingers off the entire time we were practicing. She did great doing a "down", just need to work on using just verbal and that she will do it immediately when I gave her the verbal. Because she does have "selective hearing".

I think I am liking this class so far.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It sounds like fun! I've heard a lot of people say that they really like rally.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Laika and I liked Rally a lot. Although Laika thought just "down" and "sit" etc was a little too boring and had to add spins and trying to weave through my legs etc. I hope you guys really have a great time and you still have all ten fingers when it's done...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue