Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
    what kind of human growls at a dog? very strange.

to all above.
    I have too. It worked really really well with Alex. but I wouldn't do it with these three.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I was just kidding, but hey if it helps! Ive never done that with my dogs. Id probably do it wrong or get laughed at
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

You did the right thing by removing James from a stressful situation. Obviously Cathy didn't take the hint to quit growling, and continued growling at you. You should have bit her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Haired Girl View Post
    You did the right thing by removing James from a stressful situation. Obviously Cathy didn't take the hint to quit growling, and continued growling at you. You should have bit her.
    esp the biting part

I do not growl at my weens but Kenna lovesssss puppy sounds and goes nutty, by kissing, loving and jumping all over me if I make those sounds...afraid she would kill me in my sleep if I growl at her.
    She did try to play alpha over me awhile back and quickly got put back in place with just a simple look and a firm no at ween level.
    "Never be afraid to do in our hearts what we feel to be right especially if the well being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." Unknown

Thanks

Red face

Deep breath.Hugh sigh.:doh: O.K. this lady is a certified dog trainer where? All dogs are different. To me it sound like James has some insecurity issues that make him feel fearful. One episode like that can set a dogs training back to start. I recently saw Victoria Stillwell at a local theater and she was speaking of that exact thing. Her opinion the alpha roll and all that for an insecure dog was that all it does is help him lose trust in you. You wouldn't train a Dachs like that anyway. :krazy:Oye!

Thanks

Paula, don't doubt yourself, your house, your dog, your rules! You know James better than anyone else and know what works and what doesn't with him. I too feel she was rather rude.

Thanks

easy....bad human

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasianni View Post
    Paula, don't doubt yourself, your house, your dog, your rules! You know James better than anyone else and know what works and what doesn't with him. I too feel she was rather rude.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Haired Girl View Post
    I agree and this one made me spit my coffee LOL