Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Yes I am a member and I asked and will let you know what they say I know it's been asked but it's too tedious to search through the threads cuz it's not cool like on here with our lovely search feature

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    If you are already a member that would be great if you can ask about the laser or acupuncture, when we should start it. Obviously I don't want him out of the crate and in a car for 1 + hours.

I can't really explain it. Maybe it is me, he seems to do better for Rafi then for me. I might be holding the sling wrong. I wouldn't say he is in pain. I think the gap between 5:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. with the Tramodol is too long, so I will be happy when I am off work starting Friday and can break up his pain meds a little better.

He just seems more wobbly today. He can still stand and passes the toe test, but I don't know. The vet has authorized Tramadol for the full 8 weeks. Just we are supposed to go to Pred 1 x per day tomorrow, which has me a little worried. I spoke to the vet today, and he told me if he seems to worsen, go back to the 2 x per day over the holiday's and we will re-evaluate on Tuesday.

Sigh!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

many for Pixel. Im sorry I dont have the answers.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

It was so long ago that Maxe went through all this (20 years or so) that I honestly don't remember, except that she was REALLY not happy about the crate. If I get a chance, I'll ask Laura about the acupuncture and chiro. She'll know (I suspect she knows everything ).

I'm guessing that your boy is picking up on your stress, and maybe Rafi is able to detach a bit more when he's helping him? After all those years with Alex, and now these guys and their various issues, I learned to do that...easy enough when you're actually in the midst of the crisis (I'm a crisis manager by nature and training) but hard as hell when doing the nursing care. You're watching them and every breath they take, and worrying that you're doing everything all wrong, and if you are is it making things worse, and then you kind of hate yourself...a lot!! Often with Alex, esp at the end of her life when things were so bad, the only way I could detach was keeping the thought that without me at least trying it would be SO MUCH WORSE, then gritting my teeth and doing the best I could. The vet will let you know if it isn't working. As for the pred, if you need to increase it, increase it, since your vet said ok. It's a scary drug, but so useful and effective. It'll be ok.

Love you guys!!! This too shall pass, and all will be well again. and a ton more for all of you.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by areese View Post
    Yes I am a member and I asked and will let you know what they say I know it's been asked but it's too tedious to search through the threads cuz it's not cool like on here with our lovely search feature
    Ok, they said you can do accupuncture right away, just be careful with transporting him, use the crate and you can pad it with towels or blankets so he doesn't get shaken around a lot.

and Segue

Thanks

Thanks guys!!! Pixel was having a good morning, I gave him 1/2 Pred (I just couldn't cut it out totally this morning). So we will see how he is when I get home. :pray:

I am going to look into the laser or acupuncture today and see if we can get him in December 28th.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

My sister who is 4 months from being a vet and IS a certified animal accupuncturist, also says you can start right away if that's the route you want to go

and Segue

Thanks

Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I just want to say to the advice already given. We didn't have to deal with crate rest before surgery for very long with Jax, but we didn't see much difference in him from day to day, which can be very frustrating. Hang in there and do what the vet says and all will be well in the end.
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------