Did a CPE trial Friday and saturday. Lots of fun as usual. Salsa qualified in 8 of 10, Laika 3 of 4, and Owen all 4 runs he ran he was sooooo freaking funny. He ran so fast he made people laugh..his tail goes around like a propeller and his silly ears up in the air and every so often he'd just go BARK really loud...
I wish I had video of him weaving..he is soo fast for a long short legged dog. He barely hit his contacts but the judge didn't call any on him (brand new judge!!)
Salsa had problems during one run...something happened in a tunnel. I'm not sure what but it took her a while to come out and then she was slow and didn't want to do another tunnel. Maybe she fell. Couldn't see, cuz she was in it...somtimes the ribs and creases of the tunnels are problems for her and it was a brand new tunnel so pretty hard and the "pleats" (like an accordian) were pretty tall...makes her have to jump over them.
But she did quite well otherwise.
Laika was awesome although one run she had to hunt mice. A few of the more prey driven dogs had problems with that..there was one corner where there HAD to be a mouse.. A friend's JRT finally ATE something over there (nobody knew what he ate so they made him puke and no obvious mouse was in it LOL).
I also ran Pat's Nessy on Friday. I'm finally getting the hang of running a big very fast dog..learning to "steer" from behind. he needs a lot of lateral distance and also of course lands like 6 feet past each jump he does so it takes some doing. Awfully fun though!!! Finally got a Q with him!!! I would have had 4 more but he wouldn't weave for me. of course I never work with him and Pat actually doesn't either for the past couple of years so I think he's amazing.
Here's some pics of him (not doing agility, just pics)
http://winjammer.brinkster.net/Nessy2.htm