Thanks

Default Agility last weekend

I forgot to post about this...
    last weekend the club I belong to had their spring trial. It is USDAA agility...not so much a small or "non-traditional" dog venue. Prob the most competative agility venue as times are tight and courses challenging and obstacle requirements are not changed much for small dogs (a-frame does go from 5'10" to 5'6") I considered giving that up but Salsa needs to Q's for her master's (PIII) snooker title which I really really really want. I haven't run Laika in it because 8 inches is the lowest jump...I think I let her do one run inside this year but this trial is outside and an 8 inch jump can turn into a 12 easily with just a dip in the ground.
    But USDAA started a veteran's program this year. So dogs have a 4 inch jump option and a few seconds more time. The only thing is that it is ONLY on Master's courses as their thinking is it's for letting dogs who have succeeded in USDAA continue to run and have fun as they get older. They don't get titles I don't think.
    but ANYWAY entered Owen and Laika in veterans. Never had run either on Master's courses cuz I can't get past advanced/PII due to tight times. Owen ahd his usual trouble with the food tent LOL. Going out to do a fairly easy gamble (distance work) he bypassed the tunnel he was supposed to do and continued into the pizza area he did have a very nice standard run but missed the contact on the teeter. but at least stayed out of the food tent.
    But LAIKA!!! Laika, my angel, who hasn't been allowed to run USDAA, QUALIFIED in standard. On a master's course. 21 obstacles...really nice course but quite challenging. Better than the Q was the freaking JOY of the dog...I hardly ever let her do all the obstacles (I keep her off contacts mostly) and she was just soooo happy. When she's good, she's VERY good. we run together so well. and for my little WEENERDOG to qualify in USDAA masters is unbelievable to me. She did get extra time (I think a total of 4 seconds...) over Championship time but geez...I was so amazed and soooo proud. I will remember this run for a long time. I cried a liddle when they told me I Q'd...I didn't think we made time but I was so thrilled with the run I didn't care but my friends really wanted to know and asked the scorekeeper. She was 1 point something seconds UNDER time. My beautiful girl....
    so glad she can participate in that venue again
    I didnt' get any snooker q's with salsa...freaking teeter tips too slowly for her. I ran Toots the minpin too. dam that's exhausting as he has ADD and I can't take my eyes off him. I finally said we needed to have a contest-everyone should guess how many times I say "TOOTS!" during a run and whoever is closest wins a prize. Cuz sometimes a whole string of "tootses" comes out of my mouth. Toots toots toots toots toots TOOTS! jeez. I generally run pretty quiet, I don't use voice commands often....Toots is a piece of work. we did get a few q's and missed the others by fractions of seconds because the little turd isn't focused. Owell, his momma was happy.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Reading that about Laika made me cry (with joy). How awesome is she?! I remember reading your despair when she went down with IVDD that she would never run agility again, and there she is

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I totally replied to this earlier and I have no idea what happened to the post!

Go Laika!!!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I totally replied to this earlier and I have no idea what happened to the post!

Go Laika!!!
    it somehow turned into a response to the sad salsa morning post!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Huh. Interesting. I'll take care of that. Must have fried my brain at training this morning.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Reading that about Laika made me cry (with joy). How awesome is she?! I remember reading your despair when she went down with IVDD that she would never run agility again, and there she is

Big Fat
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post

EXACTLY!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:and a whole bunch of !
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."