Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Rowan

Thanks

Default Update on Rowan

So, she threw up a couple more times last night with just foam, but this morning when I went to take my bath, she laid in the bathroom floor like she usually does and during my bath, she got up and threw up a huge puddle with some leaves, then laid down about another minute. After getting over the throwup spell, she got up and wanted to go outside. She's been drinking since this, but still not eating. Seems like she's doing a lot better than yesterday. I also think part of the problem is she has a tick head stuck in her shoulder. Any suggestions how to get that out?
    Rowan and :berry:Aidan:berry::wedding:marrying my sweetheart July 13, 2011:wedding:

Thanks

I'm wondering if maybe she has a blockage in her stomach. Have you been giving her rawhides, maybe?

Rays for Rowan
    Faye and her furbabies, Juney (13 yrs old and a sweetie); Trixie (11 yrs old and a sweetie, too); Mr. Gray (8 yrs old); Miss Lilly (8 yrs old)

Thanks

I think she needs to go to the vet.
    Seriously. She could have an obstruction and if she's sick from the tick head, removing it isn't going to help as she has already been infected with something.
    Vet today. really. If a dog isn't eating, esp. a puppy, for more than a day and still throwing up, they need to see a vet.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

I agree about the vet. And let them know about the tick too!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

She seriously needs to be taken to the vet! you dont want to wait around even if you think she is ok. Dogs cant tell you how they feel, throwing up a lot is enough clue there might be something wrong. You might find out nothing is wrong afterall but better to be safe than sorry. For piece of mind and for her, Id take her to the vet asap!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

so, i finally talked the answering service into getting a cell phone number for me. I called the vet, she's going to be home today. She won't be home until after office hours, but because it's an emergency and she lives in my neighborhood, she's making a house call. :D
    Rowan and :berry:Aidan:berry::wedding:marrying my sweetheart July 13, 2011:wedding:

Thanks

Great news -- here's hoping it's nothing serious! Glad you are having a vet see her.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

That is so good to hear! Glad she is going to be seen by a vet today.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I agree, needs to see a vet asap. Glad she will see one today. However if its a blockage, she will need an x-ray to see where it is. Hope she is okay.

Thanks

We need an update!!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.