Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Default The vet found Daisy's records!!

I got a call today from the vet listed on the paperwork from the HS, and they found Daisy's records. They had a call from the people who adopted her brother, Lucas. The people who adopted him are changing his name, but since his name is less common than Daisy, it made it easier to find their records.

She is just a puppy, born 6.27.05. They must have been feeding her nothing but canned and soft foods, for that amount of tarter to have built up. I am feeding her kibble, brushing her teeth and giving her bones, which she just loves. I will probably take her in for a dental in a month or two...have talked to a vet about it.

She is UTD on all her shots, and yes, was spayed. It's so hard to imagine someone spending the money to buy littermates from a breeder (could not have been cheap) having them s/n, getting all the shots, and then 6 months later...leaving them because they are moving. Where do you move that you don't take your doxies? Why would you? Glad they did. They did not have the sense to not leave them outside in the Florida heat in the summer months, and these guys just babies.

Also good to know that her brother's new parents care as much as I do. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks

That's great news! Glad they were able to locate the paperwork so now you know all about the care given to your little girl. :cheer2:
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Jen Guest

:cheer2: :cheer2: That's wonderful news!! Daisy is just a baby, and spayed too. Its a shame her teeth got so bad so fast--I assume this is the permanent teeth and not the baby teeth. Its great to have her birthdate too! I was lucky enough to get a copy of Tasha's records from her previous owner's Vet and so I too know her birthday, a rare thing with a rescue!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Great news! Now you know about her and even have a birthday for her! :boogie: Hard to figure some people. Would they leave their kids behind when they moved?
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

:cheer2: :cheer2: Yay, I'm glad they found her records now you know for sure that she has been spayed. As for her teeth maybe it was the food or could be genetics. Unfortunately this is a "throw away" society, pets are the first to go. You are both lucky, you have found each other!! Here's to many happy loving years. :hearts: :hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

YaHH!!!!:cheer2: Glad to hear the good news!!!! HooRayy!!!:cheer2:
    ShadowReesee, Lil' Smokey and Sassy

Thanks

I love a happy story, and I am so glad Daisy found her forever home with so much life and love left! :hearts: She really hit the jackpot, and it sounds like Lucas did too.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

:cheer2: :cheer2: So glad it worked out...now you have an excuse to throw a birthday AND a gotcha day party!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

That's great news!! I'm glad you have more information. Those teeth will improve with your brushing and bones!

Now she has an excuse for any misbehavior, "Aww Mom, I'm just a puppy!!" :D
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    It's so hard to imagine someone spending the money to buy littermates from a breeder (could not have been cheap) having them s/n, getting all the shots, and then 6 months later...leaving them because they are moving. Where do you move that you don't take your doxies? Why would you? Glad they did. They did not have the sense to not leave them outside in the Florida heat in the summer months, and these guys just babies.
    Also good to know that her brother's new parents care as much as I do. :cheer2: :cheer2:
    Yes, that does make you wonder, how they could spend that kind of money because buying littermates together is no cheap thing to do. We bought Heidi and Princess as littermates and spent $1,000 for the both of them, then not to mention the rest of the shots and the spaying, although we got our spaying free. But still that is a huge chunk of change to put down for a pet that you are going to just leave behind cause you are moving

These are not the kind of people that really love dogs like we do. I think they buy the dogs as a novelty, as if to say , Yeah, we have dogs, but they are not true dog or animal lovers because you all know, our furbabies are our life!!. My goodness, I could never think about giving them away to anybody. They become part of the family..

Its good to know though that Daisy found a great doxie lovers home and so did her brudder Lucas since his new mom and dad were helpful in getting the vet info to you.

Have you thought about getting the name and address of Lucas mom and dad so Daisy and him can stay in touch, believe me they will remember each other!!. It would be nice if they are close to you and you could arrange play dates on occasion :banana: