Thanks

Default Article on Pet Acupuncture

I was searching for something else and found this. Thought I would share.

If you watch the video of the dog being needled, I would like to let you know that Pixel was NOTHING like that. He was a freak. A squeaking, squealing, squirmy freak.

Even though he did not enjoy it, the results were tremendous. The day after he was pinned,he would improve by about 25%. His results may or may not be typical, but I would absolutely recommend acupuncture for anyone who's dog has IVDD. You do start acupuncture therapy for IVDD as soon as the dog goes down (no need to wait for the 8 week healing period to be complete). For us, in Canada, the first session was $120 for the evaluation, and the session, after that each one was $60.00.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I was searching for something else and found this. Thought I would share.

If you watch the video of the dog being needled, I would like to let you know that Pixel was NOTHING like that. He was a freak. A squeaking, squealing, squirmy freak.
    LOL. Some dogs just don't take to it. My sister says she types the dog's personality first (by asking questions and observing the dog) Fire, Wood, Water, Earth. Fire dogs don't tolerate it well. She thinks Laika is Fire so we didn't try it on her.
    Speaking of that..she called me Monday to tell me about one of her clients... GSD, totally down in the rear due to that neuropathy thing shepherds are prone to. Did a session and used the electrodes and after it was over and he was resting before going home, he freaking GOT UP and went to get a drink of water! His mom called the next day crying because he was walking.
    I wish wish wish I could get it for Smeagle...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by areese View Post
    LOL. Some dogs just don't take to it. My sister says she types the dog's personality first (by asking questions and observing the dog) Fire, Wood, Water, Earth. Fire dogs don't tolerate it well. She thinks Laika is Fire so we didn't try it on her.
    Speaking of that..she called me Monday to tell me about one of her clients... GSD, totally down in the rear due to that neuropathy thing shepherds are prone to. Did a session and used the electrodes and after it was over and he was resting before going home, he freaking GOT UP and went to get a drink of water! His mom called the next day crying because he was walking.
    I wish wish wish I could get it for Smeagle...

That is exactly what we had to try to figure out with Pixel. Again, he is a freak He fell into the middle of everything. Total PITA.

http://www.animalhospitaloakville.co...s/docs/296.pdf

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

yeah...Laika is both fire and wood, according to my sister...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Jack had acupuncture and tolerated it very well. He didn't fall asleep or anything, but he sat there very quietly for the most part. A couple of times he felt the needle being inserted and jumped a little, but after that, he just sat there while they did their magic! I totally believe in it!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Thanks for the article, Lisa, and for everyone comments. I'll definitely keep them in mind if I need them. Hopefully, I won't, but I do have dachshunds.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue