Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yourmomsage View Post
    Thanks for all of the info and different perspectives, everyone! (And for the failed fostering story, Mama!)

I live in Maryland, and I do have a friend who volunteers for DRNA, but I wanted to hear from others as well.

Chris, I won't be able to pull a fast one on my hubby, he is smarter than the average bear and will see right through that! But I do want him to get to know a dachshund and see how funny and loveable they are, yet without feeling that he has to be 100% committed to keeping that individual dog forever. The doxies will have to do the rest by being their adorable, charming selves and making him fall in love.

He can't help it, he wasn't raised with animals. But I'll keep working on him.
    Beth
    I think your idea is a good one. And you know..sometimes it's those people who weren't raised with pets who fall hard and fast in love with them in the end
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Beth
    My husband wasnt either. He had 1 cat as a pet and a gold fish that his dad over fed and killed before I met him! he was 21 when I met him and only had 1 pet his entire life . His parents HATE dogs with a passion. A very strong hate . But when we met and married I told him "there will be a dog in our family". Now we have 3 and he loves them more than life.

I hope you get the chance to foster!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Beth
    my brat has the same problem. She was raised in a zoo - her DH has ZERO tolerance for anything furry - she had a cat when they met and he has since allowed her to bring home a second one that he now hates:( It's sad as I do want my granddaughter raised in a home with furry friends:( You are doing it the right way! The foster world will be glad to have you!
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

It will be a long campaign to convince him, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Thanks for all of the info and different perspectives, everyone! (And for the failed fostering story, Mama!)

I live in Maryland, and I do have a friend who volunteers for DRNA, but I wanted to hear from others as well.

You're in Maryland? Awesome. There are a couple of us here who live in Maryland, and Yolanda, who also works with DRNA, is only a couple of hours or so south of us in Virginia. Maybe we can bring our dogs over to help with the convincing.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

RDavidP--
    Great idea, come on over! There's nothing like a house full of excited rescue dachshunds with questionable potty skills to convince a non-animal person. LOL

I think I met Yolanda at MADP one year. My friend since college, Pete, and his girlfriend Linda are involved with DRNA and the "Phest" in Northern Virginia. (Linda is the official volunteer, she just coerces Pete into helping sometimes, as women will do!)

Thanks

What about finding a local dachshund meetup, or even finding out what rescue fundraisers the local people who rescue doxies that are on this board do?

Thanks

Yes, I've thought about the meetups, it just hasn't worked out yet. Most are in DC or NoVa, which is quite a haul for us. (Gotta keep it convenient if I'm trying to drag the big man with me!)