Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Well crap. Like you need one more thing to worry about. It IS going to be ok. It sounds like you caught it early and it's been my experience that the farther up the injury, the better the prognosis. Of course, I only have two dogs to compare too, so I'm not sure how TRUE that is. Ryan had strains in her neck and just below her shoulder blades. She never lost mobility and was fine in about 2 months. Caillou, on the other hand, went down three times in the same spot - though she had surgery the first time so I often wonder how that effected or caused the other two blow-outs...
    Anyway- you have some great advice here. NONE of this is your fault. You know that! He's going to be fine. Promise.

Thanks

oh no! I cant offer any advise but I can offer & Keep us updated ok!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Rayz and Rayz and Rayz.....
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

1. Big HUGE hug to da Mama!
    2. Don't buy a sling, I have one I can get in the mail to you ASAP.
    3. I'm convinced it really does just happen sometimes.

Heck, I had (& still have) ramps EVERYWHERE & Jax has been through surgery twice. He's better than ever today. They DO recover. Hang in there!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

OK - day 1 is behind us. I can tell a remarkable difference in his pain level today. Now he is just mad at me cuz I won't let him out of the crate!!
    Thought we were gonna be ok with sleeping as I went to bed quietly instead of my usual come on lets go to bed everyone and he was asleep in the crate. About 1 he woke up and realized where is everyone????

He IS drinking more - which of course means peeing more.
    How often should I let him go potty? Last night he was literally biting at the crate door (was tied up with Myka) let him out he peed a river which made me feel bad that he had to wait. Damn this.

Heading out to see my best friend Wally and get some glu/chond for the whole gang.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

If you are doing adequan, NO to the gluco & chond. Just get some low dose Vitamin E. 100 iu caplets.

You can give the rest of the herd the gluco & chond. though!!!

He will need to go out every couple of hours (like 4 or 5), and he will be drinking a lot more (in and out). He needs the water though, they can dry out very quickly when recovering.

That is awesome he is already doing better. WOOT. Pixel always gets worse before he gets better.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

That is great that he's doing better. It seems like Bogart got a bit worse and then just stayed the same for a few days. It was a while before I saw any improvement. Way to go, Sam
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Oh God, I am so sorry. I am so so so sorry. It hurts so much to see them like that. I'm here for you.

Thanks

for your little man!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Adding a TON of get-well ! I can't offer any advice that you haven't gotten, except go to www.dodgerslist.com and see what else you can learn that you don't already know. It's NOT your fault, and it will be okay. Just one hour at a time, rather than one day at a time. And 6-8 weeks of crate rest is what I recommend. A couple of weeks extra is better than not enough weeks!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.