Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendal

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Wendal

My dear sweet little spark of joy has gone to the bridge. He had deteriorated a lot over the last week, and finally lost the use of his hind end on the weekend. It wasn't disc, but brain related, probably the same place that the seizures originated. Nothing to be done, and I couldn't watch him lose his dignity again after we all fought so hard to give him his mobility back. He was so tired, and ready to go, and his aunty Laura helped him peacefully on his way while he slept in my arms in "our" chair in the kitchen.

I know it was time, and it was the right thing to do, but it just feels like words right now. Two years just wasn't enough.

Godspeed, my little boy. You were the best of me.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Paula - my heart hurts for you.... you gave him the very best...and he fought the noble fight. Swift Journey sweet one.....
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

I am in tears. I am so sorry Paula. Atleast his last two years were of happiness, freedom and love.

run in fields of green sweet boy.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Oh God.

Even knowing it was coming. Knowing it is the right thing for HIM. Crap. Bawling.

I LOVE YOU WENDAL. I will miss you, but know you will still watch over your Mommy. Forever. You were a true light in the world. Kicked by humans most of your life, you still had a spirit that was unique and a real delight. I am so happy you got a great Mommy who loved you, you got to love, even though your time together was definitely too shot.

Hugs to you Paula. Tears are flowing here too at your loss.

RIP Sweet, handsome, loving little Wendal.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Poor little Wendal. We are saddened by your loss, Paula. Run free, Wen! <3

Thanks

You gave him the best 2 years of his life, with you he was sooo loved and wanted. I'm so sorry for your loss.

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry to read this. Rest easy little man.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, dang! I knew I shouldn't have opened this at work. I'm so sorry. You did the right thing for Wendal, but I know that doesn't make it hurt any less.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I am so so sorry Paula that you only had 2 short years with him. He couldn't have asked for a better home than the home you gave him. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Paula - I am so so sorry to hear about sweet Wendal. You have gone through a lot these past few years. I don't know what to say, there are probably no words that will help ease the pain right now. Tears are flowing here as well, I can't imagine how hard it was for you. (And for Laura as well) You only had two years with him but I bet those were the very best years of his life. You did everything for Wendal.
    I am so sorry. RIP sweet sweet boy.