Thread: James???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default James???

James is acting really wierd since Wen went. He's regressing in a few of his less...*ahem* ... desirable behaviours. The most annoying one is a suddenly resurfaced fascination with kleenex, clean or dirty.

When the Js first arrived at my place, he did this, and it seemed to be that it was because he wasn't allowed to play with toys, and he has a high need to play . Well, he's got LOTS of toys now, but he's back into the kleenex, to the point of actually taking them out of the box by the couch to eat. Mostly he poops them out, but he's having some issues, and the last thing we need is a blockage, believe me!!!!!!!

Does this sound like grieving to you? He's become super sucky, kind of like he's not sure how to behave any more; he was never all that fond of Wen, although in his last couple of weeks, James was really sweet to him, actually initiating play, although Wen wasn't feeling up to it much. (Pity this couldn't have happened 2 years ago!!! ) I know there's been a shift in the pack balance, but not really, since he's boss dog, and does recognize me as Boss of da Bosses (his obedience has improved immeasurably in the last week! ).

I'm confused. Jules just keeps trucking along however; she's not the most observant of little dogs . But she is blond, after all (sorry to all our NOT dumb blondes ).
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Dogs handle loss in strange ways. I remember reading in one of Patricia O'Connell's books how she would think two pets were very attached, but one wouldn't even react when the other died... and then other times a dog would show a reaction she thought was completely disproportionate considering the relationship .

So you may never know for sure, but it certainly does seem like he's confused. At least he is being more obedient .

Sending you some Kleenex-safety rayz . And a few for the sadness/weirdness around your place lately.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

for your tissue issue, and for the re-alignment of your household.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duchiesmom View Post
    for your tissue issue, and for the re-alignment of your household.
    My sentiments exactly!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    Dogs handle loss in strange ways. I remember reading in one of Patricia O'Connell's books how she would think two pets were very attached, but one wouldn't even react when the other died... and then other times a dog would show a reaction she thought was completely disproportionate considering the relationship .
    I did see this happen with Bogart. I was kind of worried about how he was going to do because he had been very attached to Bandit from the time we got him as a puppy. But when Bandit got older and sick, he began to shift his attachment to Amanda and it didn't really seem to bother him when Bandit died. When Amanda died, it was the same. He didn't really move to another dog, but didn't seem to grieve that much either. Who knows what goes on in their little minds? We may not want to

Sending tissue and adjustment

And be happy for more obedience
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue