As you all know, when the Js arrived at my house 3 years ago, they'd never been outside, and were sorta peepad trained. With much work, I finally managed to convince them that they really needed to pee outside, thankyouverymuch!! Then Wen showed up, little marker that he was, and then of course he became incontinent the last few months of his life, and housetraining REALLY went out the window. Now that he's gone, I've been trying to convince the Js that really, outside is the place to do our bizness. They're not convinced (of course, they're almost 13). So it's been a war of sorts around here. I tried not putting down the pee pad, but they just peed in the same spot (ruining the hardwood there ). So we compromised...I put one down when I was out, but not when I was home.

Yesterday, it snowed. Normally they'll just pee on the snow on the deck, which is fine by me. James was a Bery Good Boy and did what he was supposed to do. Jules did too, at first. Then........I put her out before we went to bed around 9:45. No dice. She flatly refused to pee outside. 20 minutes of standoff before I gave up. I told her if she woke me up at 3 to pee, she was dead. She at least waited til 5 . So we got up, and out they went. James again, Bery Good Boy. Jules, no dice. She had to go so badly she was dancing, but she absolutely refused to squat and pee. After 10 minutes, I brought her in and gave her her b'fast, then put her out AGAIN!!! Nope, now way, no how. 20 minutes later, I went in, got a pee pad, put it down on the deck, and sure enough, she peed a river. Not sure who won that round. Stubborn little thing!!!!!