Thanks

Default Speaking of The Flying Sausage...

It was so cool to see some of the older posts about my little Flying Sausage! However, they came at kind of a tough time for me. Just the other day I decided that Peaches is retiring from Flyball. We went to a tournament New Year's weekend, and while she had an absolute blast, she can't handle the hurdles like she used to. They are 7" tall and she is only about 8" at the withers. Since I want to see her chasing balls for many more years to come, I felt that continuing to run her in flyball would be too strenuous.

This is soooo hard for me. We started with the sport because of Peaches' love for the ball. Well, it was not only her passion, but quickly became one of mine as well. We traveled so many places, and made so many good friends. Running her was so special to me that I never let anyone else do it. I even went to a tournament with food poisioning because the team needed her, and I didn't trust anyone else to handle my girl.

I am going to attend a few more tournaments to get Piper his 30,000 point plaque. He's not too far away, and he deserves that honor. I never thought he'd run, and he became such a great flyball dog! It will be tough to have my girlie there and not run her, but I can take her outside and throw the ball. She doesn't care where she gets the ball as long as she gets the BALL!

Thanks to everyone for their support over the years!
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

You're doing what every good doggie parent does - thinking of your furkid first and foremost. Good for you! I'm sure it's hard, but you're doing the right thing.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

True champs retire when they are at the top of their game and Peaches Wiener is the #1 mini dachshund flyball champion!!

I know this decision must have been super hard for you, but it is the right one for your girl. Her retirement does not undermine all the both of you have accomplished together!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    True champs retire when they are at the top of their game and Peaches Wiener is the #1 mini dachshund flyball champion!!

I know this decision must have been super hard for you, but it is the right one for your girl. Her retirement does not undermine all the both of you have accomplished together!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Peaches has proven her self time and time again, we are proud of her and how far she has come since she came into your lives.

Now you both can enjoy playing ball without all the pressure that comes with competition.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

You are making the best decision for Peaches. You can always build a mini course at home with lower jumps?
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Couldn't have said it better! Jax sends Peaches kisses.
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Couldn't have said it better than that!!!!! :hug99;
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."