Thread: Bella Valentine

Thanks

Default Bella Valentine

Do you guys remember Bella Valentine? She is the dachshund I found in the middle of the highway last month. I literally rolled over her with my truck and didn't hurt a hair on her head.
    Anyway- Her adoption was just finalized. She is now home with her mom, dad, fursister (a cat) and husister.
    She is in hog heaven and lovin every minute of it.
    Just wanted to share!

Here is the report I got from her new mom and dad:

We're thrilled to announce the OFFICIAL ADOPTION of our newest family member, Miss "Bella" Valentine!!!!!!!! She is the ultimate lap dog & is so very sweet ~ she is everything we had been searcing for!!

Miss Bella was rescued by a volunteer with Dachshund Rescue from the middle of the highway. (If you would like to read her touching "story" & see photos, here is the link to her SSDR profile.... Bella Valentine )

If you or anyone you know might be interested in opening up their hearts & homes to foster a homeless animal (short or long term), please contact APAWS (www.apawspets.org), Dachshund Rescue (SSDR.org) or ANY rescue organization to fill out an application & get more information. There are many dogs & cats rescued on a daily basis, some of which are pulled from euthanizing shelters on their "last" day. There is a great need for "foster" homes, as most rescue organizations do not have an actual facility ~ they depend upon people just like you & me to give these animals a safe and loving home until they are adopted into their "forever" homes. Once they are rescued, they are taken to the vet & treated for anything needed, including being spayed or neutered. There is typically no expense to you as a foster parent.....just your time, but you may want to check first to be sure. We know through personal experience that rescue organizations like APAWS & SSDR strive to match adoptive families with the RIGHT dog for them ~ by getting just the perfect match & allowing families a trial period or to foster before they adopt, it greatly lessens the chance of these animals ever becoming "homeless" again. And of course, you may fall in love with your foster & choose to adopt yourself! We will forever love our 3 short term foster babies! Stepping off the soapbox now.....hahaha We just believe these are important causes & want to do what we can to help get the word out! :-)
    Joy, Matt, Avery, & Miss Bella..............

Thanks

Awwwww that is so great! I just love happy beginnings that adoptions bring. :D
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Jen Guest

:awww: I love happy endings! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks

AWWWWW! they both look very very happy!!!
    Good job!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Oh how sweet is that.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Thanks for the update, looks like a very happy pair! :hearts: :hearts:

p.s. I had to look twice, the little girl looks like my Great Grandaughter.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Nancy Guest

what a great adoption story!!! glad everything worked out!

Thanks

Beautiful!! Now when does Mom join us?!
    Sandi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!