Thanks

Default Always Remembered

Tomorrow will mark the passing of my Heart dog, 6 years ago. She wasnt a dachshund but the best dog ever and I always think of her. Star was a German Shepherd Australian Shepherd mix. I remember the day we brought her home. It was 1992 there was a woman sitting outside the grocery store holding a box marked Free Puppies. I dont remember why my parents picked her but I am so happy they did. I grew up not having many friends, always picked on, getting my pigtails pulled on the school bus. Star was my true best friend. We did everything together. 2006 I found my husband "to be" and we were due to be married in Oct and were moving into our appartment in March. I worried about her. She was getting old and I couldnt take her with me. I wanted too so badly. I think she new it was time. That morning Feb, 24th as I was showering, my nose started bleeding for no reason. When I got out, there she was in the kitchen, her nose was bleeding. It was like we were connected. I stayed home from work to lay with her. The next day, she passed. We took her to be cremated at the pet cemetary and we were allowed one last moment with her. My nose started bleeding again. When I moved, she came with me and has been with me and will be forever. Forever loved and in my heart. I miss her so much.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

AWWW, you two truly are connected. And because she is in your heart, she is always near.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

It doesn't matter how much time has passed, they never leave us. I love how connected you two were, sweetie.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

My daughter's Border Collie was named Maggie Mae. Maggie was the most wonderful dog and she grew up with her.

When Maggie grew old, her kidneys started failing her. Eventually, it came time to let her cross over. I drove from Charleston, WV to Charleston SC (about 9 hours) to be with my daughter and Maggie that day. I am so glad I did. It was hard... but Maggie deserved to be with the ones who loved her when she was helped over the bridge.

To this day, every time we hear Rod Stewart's 'Maggie Mae' on the radio, we figure it's our Maggie letting us know she is always near.

Star loves you even more that you loved her... dogs are just 'that way'. You were so lucky to be blessed with a heart dog in your life. What better way for a child to grow up than with that kind of devotion and unconditional love.

Thank you for sharing Star's story... and bringing to mind the wonderfulness of our Maggie Mae!

Barb
    Charleston, WV
    Mom of two adult kids, 2 furkids and Grand Mummy to 4 furkids!

Mummy to Millie the Rescue 6/26/2010

Thanks

Awww, thank you for sharing the story of your wonderful girl.

to you as you remember her.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel