Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

I was the stupid one who poked and prodded until Doc told me to stop. I couldn't give up couldn't give in - had to beg someone to make me help her. It is a tough call that you and your heart will have to make. Trust yourself - you have done so much so good for her that you WILL make the right call. I'm sure.
    Until then - we will love you and pray for you and hold you close.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

When Jenni got sick & I took her in, she turned out to already be in severe kidney failure & there wasn't much else I could do. At the time, she was actually SICK, & in pain so I let her go....

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear that she has some "Duchiness" this morning. I love more than you know.
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duchiesmom View Post
    Ok. Question.... So what is the point at this stage in the saga of taking her to the vet to be poked and prodded?

Yes I might find out if her kidneys are failing but what good would that information do us? She's nearing the end. Is poking and prodding going to extend life, and at this point and quality.... Do we even want to?
    Normally I would say no. but if it's kidneys...I would want to know that.
    This will sound bad but there's no good way to say it. Kidney failure is not a good way to die. If her kidneys are failing, you don't want to let it go on too long. it's just miserable for them.
    That would be the only reason I would have bloodwork done.
    dammit.
    love you, Rae and HRH
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    I woke up thinking about you and HRH this morning. This is such a tough stage.

That's exactly where I was with both Sweetums and Bogart, Rae. They both had kidney failure and I elected not to treat and just take what time I had with both of them. I didn't even do bloodwork to treat. My vet said it was kidney failure and since I trust her implicitly (sp), I believed her. I didn't want them to have any more poking than was necessary since it was just going to be to prolong their life for a couple of weeks for me. At 18 and 16 it wasn't going to cure them. Its a tough decision to make and I did it more on instinct than anything else. I just felt in my gut that this was the end. My vet concurred which made it easier also.

My heart is saying no more poking and prodding but talk to Dr. Brian and then listen to your gut. You know we all here love HRH and her great Mom.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

After the chemo options were exhausted, Dumbledore did fine for two weeks afterwards. Then all of a sudden one day he just started going downhill fast. We rushed him to the vet hospital where he was being treated for lymphoma. He was having problems walking and blood poop soup. We knew that it was probably time, but we did do the blood work and one x-ray. From the results of those, it made it much easier for us to go ahead and let him go. We could have taken him home with pain medicine, something for the stomach, and prednisone, but that would have only been a temporary fix as we were no longer doing chemo and no need to let him continue to suffer the effects of lymphoma as it too is not a pretty death due to organ failure. He also gave us this resigned look as if to say he was ready to go.

Also Dumbledore did not have a problem with needles eithers. He was very easy to stick for blood work. I think I remember reading that Duchie hates needles, and at her age and state, maybe it would be best to save the needle stick for helping her cross over. I helped Dumbledore cross over the Bridge. He fell asleep in my lap with his head rested in the crook of my arm with his blanket covering him in a nice quite room.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

I talked to Brian and he said it's just about time to let this old gal rest. He said we could do the bloodwork and he'll do it if I need it to prove what we both already know...

But he advised against it. "You know and I know we're close...why put her through that?" and he told me to give her some Pepto to coat her tummy and see how tonight and in the morning go, and if she's not markedly better, we will do the humane thing.

thanks to all. I'm a nut Case right now but she was resting peacefully when I left... Seems to be in zero pain... I told her when I left that 'this is ridiculous. You are tired and your little body is just worn out. Please, please just go to sleep and stay there... Just rest my darling.'

The pepto may coat her stomach and stop the bleeding, depending on where it's coming from.

Thank y'all so much for the extended kindness.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Bawling....again.

I am so sorry Rae. x a million, zillion, kabillion.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Heart breaking, hurting for you.
    Love you both, and know, that whatever you decide is with Duchie's best interests at heart.....we know that.
    If anyone here could take away the pain, we would. Please tell her today, tomorrow and however many days there are, that she has a whole world of people that love her....and her mommy too.
    *hugs* Rae.... eyes leaking very badly....
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

ugh! now Im crying!!!! We love you both!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]