Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duchiesmom View Post
    I've been on the lookout... So far I think she's making the rounds at the bridge.

Thanks everyone
    Of course, if she listened to you and bit Alex in the butt, she might be busy recuperating !! :
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

There's not an hour, sometimes a moment, that goes by that I dont think of her with a sad smile. Sweet old thing...
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

I so dread the day when I have to go through this with my Lexie girl, but I know it's coming. I hope I can handle it half as well as you did with your sweet Duchie!! She lives in our hearts forever, as well as in yours. I'm so glad you have Savannah to brighten your days.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

I really like the thought that Savannah needed to come along so Duchess could hand over the keys of the castle! There is a reason for everything. We don't always get to understand or know that reason...

Thanks

I'm sorry. The only reason I've been checking back on this forum recently has been to make sure Duchie was okay still. I'm really sad to see her go even though I'm not a regular or active member. RIP Dutchie.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. It was the right thing to do... Which didn't make it hurt less. I could not have made it through without the loving support of so many of our members here. Paula, Yo, and Patrice have been there far too often. Amy and Yo helped wrench my head out of my butt...
    And everyone has helped pick up the pieces. I only hope that (as someone who has walked this path for the first time) that if any one finds herself in this situation she will reach out for help as I did. Any of these ladies, and now I myself, will be happy to share our experiences... Fear of the unknown is hard, and though I lost Duchie I have to say it was the most peaceful thing I've ever seen. My vets are super, my IRL and DLC friends top-notch, and Duchie went with dignity and compassion.
    It's the end of this round, but not the end of the Duchie

Thanks

Please accept my sincerest condolences. You were both lucky to have each other.
    Save the earth. It's the only planet with dachshunds...
    Susie:duh: , Sam and Issy

Thanks

I've been away too long. I am so so sorry about HRH Duchie. Such a wonderful life she had with you. She has touched all our hearts and will always be missed. Run free special girl. Say Hi to Doxie.

Thanks

Default her royal highness the duchess of wagoner........

My heart & my prayers go out to you right now, Rae & to Her Royal Highness as she runs free with all the other little angels who crossed over before her. You did the compassionate thing, Rae. We had to have our beloved Skippy put down this past Saturday night & it just hurts like h!#@. but we're blessed to have had him for the 5 years we did; he gave us so much more than we gave him & we gave him our best. I know you did the same. Our babies will stay alive in our fond & sometimes funny memories of them. RIP sweet Her Royal Highness Duchess of Wagoner.

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out & your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Thanks

June 21. It's been a year now. Savannah Jane keeps me busy and to borrow Mama's words, I love her fiercely! But not a day goes by that I don't think of the grand ole lady... The good thing is that now I do it with a fond smile and the knowledge that I did the best I could and gave her the best life I could for as long as was right.

Did I selfishly keep her here too long? Probably so. But she was at herself until the end and there's no changing it now. She only knew pain that one day, the day she turned those cloudy eyes on me and thought "for the love of doG help a girl go!"

I'm a better person - more compassionate - for having been her Person. And I will cherish her memory always.

Thank you all again for your friendship, love and support. You'll never know what it means.