Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Wagoner

1993-2012

Best friend I have ever had.

18 years and stubborn... refused to go on her own.
    Bedridden, could not walk at all, muscles atrophied... still ruled the roost.

My Heart Dog, I will love you forever and I thank you for allowing me to be your Person all these years.

Duchie was helped to the Rainbow Bridge by her boyfriend Dr. Brian, her mommy, Dr. Brian's wife Robin, Dr. Laura, Mommy's IRL BFF Amy, Brody the receptionist and her beloved daddy. (Who could NOT love Duchie, I mean really?) We had to go to the clinic because Brian was worried about not being able to find a vein, and he needed all his stuff and his people to make absolutely sure her crossing was a peaceful one.

All those people above? Cried like babies with me.

She was a Very. Good. Dog. and she and all the DLC dogs who have gone before are running and playing and frolicking as I type. I named off their names as the first shot took effect so she would know not to be afraid, that she was going to join Mommy's friends.

I did accidentally tell her to bite Alex Wonderdoggie on the butt. Hard.

Many thanks to each of you who have supported and loved me and us unconditionally. To those who said "follow your heart," to those who said "you'll know," to those who said "get your head out of your *** and put on your big girl panties and take care of your baby," to those who said simply "I'm, sorry, and I'm thinking of you..." Thank you.

You all helped me, and though the list above was long, I promise I felt each of you present right there, literally holding me up as I stroked that beloved ginger-colored head as she drifted off to a happier, healthier place.

To those who have called, texted, emailed, PMd, sent good thoughts and even our own wonderful, wonderful Yo who offered to come to Kentucky to be with me... all of your love and outpouring of goodness is a debt I can never repay.

She was just so tired. Her little body wore out, and her dementia and anxiety were making it a hard life to live. I could not allow her to go one more day scared, confused or (as of last night) in pain.

She went peacefully in my arms.... and I felt the weight of the world flutter off my shoulders on the wings of angel doggies as her spirit joined that of so many of our beloveds.

That is all.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

no words. only tears. Say hi to Stinker and Petey and Logan for me Duchie.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Oh Rae, I am so very, very, very sorry. You have both been in my prayers lately and will continue to be through this difficult time. Duchie and her family will always be in our hearts.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Wen guided her across, dearheart. She's with him now. Godspeed, sweet girl. We're all a little less with your passing.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Knowing it is coming does not make it any easier. I truly love HRH, and her Mommy.

Safe crossing to the rainbow bridge sweetheart. You will always be here in the hearts of many.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

1199 N. Terry Street, #344, Eugene, Oregon 97402
    Thanks

Hope she looks up Otto. She could boss him around. Love to all of you (and many tears as well).

Love Ellen, Oscar, Rikka and Axel
    Oscar 05/01/2000 - 12/05/12
    Otto 02/29/2000 - 05/12/2010
    Rikka 07/11/2004 - 06/18/2013
    Axel 03/31/2009
    Diablo RIP Evil Kitty
    Rudi 11/06/2017

Thanks

Lighting candles tonight for Her Royal Highness Duchess of Wagoner.
    Love you. Rae.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

You are wrapped in my thoughts and prayers... You gave her a perfect life and a peaceful crossing... I hope you find comfort and peace in all of our love and prayers. You always did the right thing by HRH she was A.VERY.LUCKY.DOG.
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks

I have no words.
    You know I am here....
    Love you. Love you. Love you.
    Run free, sweet Duchie.

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I just lit a candle for HRH Duchie.

She was a grand doxie who was loved by so many. Safe to say she made all of our days a little brighter. I'm so sorry you have a dachshund-sized hole in your heart right now. Sending you hugs across the miles.
    Pokey has been waiting, steadfast. Soon they will be chasing squirrels together, with all the other DLC stars.
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)