Thanks

Default Who feed Acana and Honest Kitchen? [And 2 bonus pics]

Helloooooooooooooooo. Remember us? ;) Awhile ago, Gigi was having vomit issue, we went to the doctor and all that and of course she suggested us to do a whole bunch of tests. We did some and the results are "inconclusive" (that's the right word? They can't really find anything.). So I did my own little research and what not and decided to switch her food. She has been on Solid Gold for years and was doing fine, but now she is 8 and her body could have changed etc. So I made the executive decision (ha) to switch her to Acana and she looooooooooooves it and was doing great. No more puke (well, maybe a very rare one). Then last week I was at another pet shop and was looking at dehydrated raw food (Honest Kitchen). They are the best etc etc. And it seems easy enough for me to just add water. So I got a few samples and again, she loooooooooooves it. I am considering to add that to her meal, so that she has a "complete" meal. I know there is a transition period when you switch food. Some will have runs or puke or whatever. Luckily Gigi is doing fine, EXCEPT she became a poop machine. LOL. They are solid and all, but the amount is amazing. haha. How can a small body produced that much of poop. haha. So I will keep an eye out on her. She is doing great and had gained weight, though on the scale she is still under 8lbs, but she looks good.

Here are some pics, click to see them bigger. I will also post some on the other section.

Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Plain old raw meat from any grocery store (or butcher) is good for dogs. Just like in nature. No prep (cook/dehydrate) is needed.

http://rawfeddogs.org/rawguide.html
    http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/r...message/200700

Thanks

We are not going the raw meat from butcher route and this dehydrated stuff also has veggies and fruits in them, so it works great for my purpose.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Glad to hear your dog is doing so well, I know people who go the raw food route but we are still with kibble, raw carrots, banana and treats. Glad it is working out for your girl. Is she completely off the dry (acana) food? She is a pretty one. Very shiny coat!

Thanks

No raw here. I feed THK (Verve) and the dogs LOVE it!! In fact they are having a sale during the month of July if you need it. I also feed Wellness Super 5 and Nutrisca (new one, no potatoes). They are all doing very well and can't wait for feeding times. LOL Good luck and cute pics!!
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

I am so happy the food is working for her! Yay!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

This is a great thread. I have not heard of some of these products. I have been using Iams and.now reading all this I feel like my dogs are missing out on some good food. They do get good treats though!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m glad the Gigi is gaining weight. She was so thin there for a while. Great news!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue