Thanks

Default I, Bella, was so happy

Last night daddy left the door to the dog closet open because he was try to organize it. Well, I spotted a red and green stuffed ball, and took it out of the closet. I was so happy. I, Bella, had a stuffed squeaky toy all to myself. Why was I so happy? Well it is because I don't get stuffed toys. Mommy and daddy say we are too rough with them and might hurt ourselves. Well aren't you supposed to rip them apart and eat the stuffing and squeaker in the first few minutes? This time daddy saw how happy I was and let me play with it. I got up on the couch and went right for the corner so that Minny nor Draco could get it. It was so much fun that it was just minutes before I was tearing that stuffed ball apart and trying to eat stuffing. Daddy grabbed the treats and threw one for me to go get, but I was so conflicted. Do I leave the treat and keep my ball, or do I go for the treat but lose my ball? I started going for the treat but decided to go back to the ball. I pondered my predicement and started going for the treat again, but went right back for my ball. That treat smelled so good and yummy and I could not resist it. I went for the treat, and the ball disappeared. I was a sad puppy. Yes we have numerous nylabones and rope toys that we can play with at anytime, but this was a stuffed squeaky ball.

Dad here. Bella had a huge small on her face when she got that ball. We don't give them many squeaky toys because they rip them up in mere seconds and try to eat them. Rope toys and nylabones are about all we can let them play with. Bella has a tendency to guard stuffies, so we get them away from her through treats. I have never seen a dog act so conflicted before in my life. She started walking away from the ball to get the treat, but quickly turned back. Eventually she went for the treat and I made the ball disappear.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

Aweee, what a lovely story sounds like Bella had a great time.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Awww, poor Bella Boo. We have the same situation at our house. They love squeekies, but kill them instantly.

Glad she got a few minutes out of it, and a treat in the end.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

It's interesting. Dumbledore was so carefull with his toys, but these three destroy everything.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

A doggie dilemma. Do I go for the food or the toy? It's always a tough call.

Mine used to be really good about their toys and not tear them up. Then Scooter (aka the Toyminator) arrived and taught Miller how to destuff toys. Now stuffies are only allowed on rare occasion and those occasions last about 5 minutes.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

That's so cute. I can picture beautiful Bella making up her mind... Should I choose awesome, or should I choose fabulous?

Thanks

Such joy our dogs have when they get something special. I just loved reading your narrative!! She sound like a real sweet girl. .

Thanks

Same thing here... Angel tears them up and then Cassie eats the stuffing and sometimes the squeakers (!!). It's only with something easily torn up, though - they have lots of squeaky toys they don't even play with. Sometimes I'll give them something I know will be torn up and just supervise the merriment, so I can remove dangerous pieces before they get swallowed.

Your story was cute. I can picture Bella - love her
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

OMG, that made me laugh!! I can just see her...what to do? what to do!! James has moments like that, but food pretty much always wins . He's got a squeaky bone that's fluffy but solid canvas in the middle where the squeaky is. It's driving him crazy cuz he's done a pretty good job on the fuzzy bits but can't get through the canvas to get to the squeaker. Pesky thing!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."