Thanks

Default Bare Bites - 100% USDA inspected liver jerky

With all the news about Canyon River and other brands jerky treats being on the list of possibly contaminated or other wise just not good for your dog's health treats, I had just stopped giving them to my dogs. Until now. A local boutique pet store has teamed up with a local farm and have started selling their own liver jerky treats. The liver used is 100% USDA inspected beef liver, and that is it. Of course one can easily make their own jerky for their dogs, but since this is a local company I have been buying their treats in hopes that it helps them expand their market so others may have access to safe jerky treats. The treats are called Bare Bites, and are sold here in Frederick, MD in the local boutique store called Two Paws Up, and in our local Wegman's. They can also be ordered online at www.barebites.com. Not meaning to sound like a commercial, but thought everyone here would like to know.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Thanks, David. It's always good to have sources for high quality treats. I might have to order some of those.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Thanks, David. The site doesn't mention how much the bag weighs. How much liver would I get for 9.99?

Thanks

Thank you David. I will check the next time I go to Wegmans. I read the packages when I go to Petsmart and so many treat are made in China. Scarey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bittyup View Post
    Thank you David. I will check the next time I go to Wegmans. I read the packages when I go to Petsmart and so many treat are made in China. Scarey.
    I am not sure if they will be in your Wegmans. I think it is something that is sold only local to me as the farm is a local farm, but you can order them online.

Also the bag is a 6oz bag. I just measured an unopened bag I have. It is 8" by 5" and seems to be pretty well stuffed. I shook the bag to help distribute the treats more evenly. The bag measures about 2.5" thick. I only give my dogs a little bit of it since it is dehydrated liver. Liver is pretty nutritionally dense, and when you dehydrate it, I would think it would become even more dense per size and weight.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

Thanks. I did check out the site. I will probably order from there.