Thanks

Default Dachshund Phest Phun

We had fun today at the Mid-Atlantic Dachshund Phest. Bella was just in heaven being pushed around in her royal majesty's chariot, and freely gave out kisses to anyone who rubbed her. Draco actually behaved himself. He sometimes gets over protective of his little harem when we go to Petsmart, but he was a little gentleman today. Minny did good for most of the day. Towards the end, she did start having some anxiety problems, and we forgot her Thundershirt, so she got put in the Chariot. We watched the first dachshund race. Yolanda volunteered me to help judge the costume contest. Funnest thing I have ever been volunteered for. I do have pictures and will post them tomorrow.

I had bought two Phest t-shirts, some good homemade candy from a vendor, a cookbook, and a green Phest bag. Unfortunately, Jaimie had set the bag down at the tables for the concession stand, and forgot it. We did not realize it until we were down the road for a bit.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

SO very glad that Mrs David got to goHopefully someone turned your bag in
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

I forgot the best thing of all though. When we got home, I crashed on the bed and Jaimie let the dogs into the bed room. They all got on the bed, and we all for the first time ever took a nap together on the bed. Typically when they get on the bed, the bed becomes doggie trampoline. Also, ever since we got home, they have done nothing but sleep. Sleeping dogs are well behaved dogs.
    Keeper of the Hogwarts Crew,
    Dumbledore , Draco, Bellatrix (Bella), and Minerva (Minny)

Thanks

David,

It was very nice to see you and Jamie yesterday and she really looked good. I will check the other ladies to see if anything was turned in to the lost and found but to my knowledge nothing was.

I am exhausted too. thanks for you help at the Custome parage. I though it turned out nice.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RDavidP View Post
    Sleeping dogs are well behaved dogs.
    Yup. A tired dog is a good dog

It sounds like you had a great time!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

What an awesome day!!! SO glad Jaimie was up for it. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

It was indeed a great day. So many awesome weiners! My SIL & family from Canada came along too, and were amazed at all the sizes & colors and all the exuberance! That many doxies together can make a happy noise. We all had lotsa fun at the MADP. The kids got new harnesses & other goodies, and I got a new T-shirt. We met lotsa fellow doxie lovers, incl., many of our local doxie meetup groupies. Best of all, the furkids saw their awesome fairy godmother Yolanda. We also met RDavidP's whole family, and I scored lotsa gentle kisses from their beautiful Bella. We saw many cute doggie costumes along with their costumed "wranglers" in the parade. Sorry, no pix cuz we forgot the camera amidst that morning's frenzy. It was so much fun.