Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandy

Thanks

Default Sandy

Prayers for all in line with this storm. Stay safe.

Thanks

Be safe,and get lots of warm cloths & blankets. I find that Doxie forum people are the best prepared to deal with the unexpected. Our pets teach us lots if coping skills. Those of us who are not in Sandy's path are hoping the storm will not take a turn too severely toward land. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks

You too! You aren't far from the targeted landfall. Be safe and don't forget we are up the road if you need anything.

The Cpt's office closed and delayed production on one of their publications which never happens. Yale also closed...another first!! So we get a bonus day tomorrow and hoping to keep electricity.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Please stay safe and keep us posted.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Sounding pretty scary for you guys. I love that NYC has declared a law stating that pets must be allowed into evacuation shelters!! STay safe and check in when you can, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Sandy has claimed the tall ship HMS Bounty, which was built here in Lunenburg in the 1960s for the movie. She was here this summer as part of the Tall Ships Festival, and I was aboard for a bit. So cool!! This is just so sad. The captain was trying to get to Florida and swung wide into the Atlantic to avoid Sandy, but she's just too big. He and one other person have been lost. They interviewed his wife this morning before she knew, and she didn't sound too concerned, but now..... The other person who was lost was a crew member who was a direct descendent of Fletcher Christian who led the actual mutiny way back when. The sea claims her own, I guess.

However, the other 14 people on board were saved by the US Coast Guard. It's incredible...I've been lifted from the deck of a ship into a helicopter when it was relatively calm. I can't even begin to imagine trying to do it with 15 foot waves and high winds. They have some video of the rescue...it's absolutely insane. They just do not pay SAR people enough for what they do!!! http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...eo-bounty.html
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    Sounding pretty scary for you guys. I love that NYC has declared a law stating that pets must be allowed into evacuation shelters!! STay safe and check in when you can, ok?
    I saw some pics of a shelter with crates lined up in one room for pets
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Please stay safe... after riding out countless hurricanes in warm weather I can't even imagine how brutal it is to ride one out with snow & sleet. THIS SOUTHERN GIRL IS PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU !!!!!
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    Sandy has claimed the tall ship HMS Bounty, which was built here in Lunenburg in the 1960s for the movie. She was here this summer as part of the Tall Ships Festival, and I was aboard for a bit. So cool!! This is just so sad.
    I have an unexplained obsession with shipwrecks (past life, anyone? lol) and this is so sad to me. I don't understand why they didn't go North. Not enough time? :(
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia View Post
    I have an unexplained obsession with shipwrecks (past life, anyone? lol) and this is so sad to me. I don't understand why they didn't go North. Not enough time? :(
    No one's really sure why he decided to set sail at all, with all the warnings out there. Other tall ships stayed in port until it blew over, but he decided to go. So very very sad. They did find the body of the woman, but not the captain. His poor wife.
    Paula & Buster